Sunday, December 16, 2007

where's the time gone?????

Neither snow nor sleet nor rain, nor dark of night has kept this bus driver from her duties.  That being said this is actually the first day since the Thanksgiving break that I have had time to come here...to J-land.  Please forgive my absence, I miss you all.

I have been one busy girl   Along with my regular bus duties, I have had a few extra trips added, along with our Christmas party for work last Saturday.  This year Liz and I have also chose to make many of our gifts.  Great for the soul plus the added benefit of sitting down and creating. 

Things are well here, Mark has found a winter job hauling mail for a nearby company.  He worked there a few winters ago and they have great respect for his work ethic.  This is good news for this job is an answer to much prayer.  He loves his regular job, but construction being as it is, slow, we must think of ways to keep an income going during the slow times.  He plans on going back to his regular job in April.  He starts this job in January.

Our plan for the holidays is to leave Illinois for Florida on Christmas evening.   We will be gone for 10 days, I long for the sun and the sand, not to mention the time spent with my dad.  He is still a young 70 and is very excited about our coming.

Otherwise every one is fine here.  The grand kids will be here next weekend, my son Eric is thinking about taking a job in Wisconsin traveling for Menards, the older sons are laid off also, but have a stand by job for a company that plows snow for O'Hare airport.   Having children in their twenties is like watching a play, you sit and watch, clap, sigh and hope for a happy ending.

I am glad I am the age I am.  I tend to look at the bright side of my life now.  When I have a situation at work  I tend to look for the humor, especially with kids.  Just last week a group of 8 th grade boys were out on an icy pond at their bus stop...I told them to pleeeeeeeease stay off as they did not know how thick the ice was.    I did not want to fish them out of the cold water so early in the morning.  They gave me a hard time, but stayed off the ice at least in the morning.

I know there are many who are feeling great loss and sadness this time of year, but please please remember you are loved, there is always something to be learned each day and this too shall pass, God bless!

                          

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked what you said about having children in their 20's. That is so true. Hope you have lots of fun on your vacation. You deserve it. Paula

Anonymous said...

I think of you every time I watch the weather report. LOL..imagine you with a handful of kids (kids usually full of mischief and endless energy). I'm so happy you're going to Florida; especially since you'll be visiting your Dad. How wonderful that you're making gifts for Christmas. It truly is great for the soul, and saves money too. Great news (that Mark has work lined up for winter). You take care of yourself. I'll be thinking of you on  Christmas day, knowing how happy you are.
Love you, Rose.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/FROMBARBSSPIRITUALJOURNAL

Anonymous said...

where in Florida are you going? make sure you wave at me.
:-)
Lyn

Anonymous said...

It's about time you show up here! We have another Florida J-land meeting coming together for right after Christmas. Can you make it to my area this year?!! Let me know ASAP! Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

You are going to have a wonderful time in Florida!!!  I always enjoyed the palm trees lit up with lights.  It seemed somehow such a unique festive look to a very tropical place.  We have so many great memories from there.  I forgot that you were in Illinois (so close to us here in KY now).... so do be sure and wave if you pass through or over KY.  Are you flying or driving?  Either way I pray for travelling mercies for you in advance.  I hear ya on the looking for extra income in the slow time of year.  We are so there and thank goodness Rob has been getting some overtime.  God is so good to us.  I am amazed each and every month that we make it through another one!!!  Many blessings to you and so glad you posted!!!!  Have a great Christmas!!!  PS I wish you were our driver because the one we have is soooooooo fast it scares me.
Lisa    

Anonymous said...

Rose, hope you have a great time in Florida, I'll miss you, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful trip, Rose! You have more than earned it.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hard times right now for many folks who work in construction and other industries. It is frightening! Have a wonderful time in FL!!!  Enjoy some warmth :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

i hope you have a blessed and happy Christmas.
Love,lisa