Tuesday, May 13, 2008

parenting 101

I had a big entry all written, but to honor my dear daughter Liz's privacy I will only say this...last night her boyfriend of four years broke up with her.  Seems he had some issues with the direction of their respective life's.  The wording was not his, someone coached him.  I have my own opinion, and a short list of butts I'd like to kick, but I am a patient soul, I can wait for her tears to stop flowing.   She's true to being an only girl in a family of 8, she's already at the angry stage...the grieving process works quick in this family.  Years of therapy sure comes in handy in times like these.  She has a summer full of work and a theater group.  Best to find these things out now before anymore time passes.   Her broken heart will heal, I know this, but I hope her faith in the opposite sex isn't  marred.

I also heard from a certain 4 year old that one of my husband's sons is being housed in a certain county facility (jail).  This particular son has issues with his temper that have never been resolved.  He's made a habit of this and I believe this is his second such stay.  My husband made some calls and will be visiting him Saturday to hear his side of the story.  I  have had to remind my husband that if it was one of my kids in trouble I would not be enabling them to continue a life of crime, by offering money or bail.  I have my hands full with the drinking issue with my two boys, thank you God Liz is very anti drinking.  Thankfully, so far they both stay out from behind the wheel of a car and bar fights. I believe in tough love.  I figure if you're over 21 and you get into trouble you can get your own self out.

 I suppose in life everything  can be put into perceptive, today while I was sighing over my own children another driver told me she thought her only son was living in his car.  At least that's what he was telling her.  Such a life is a parent. 

There are days though that I  feel as though I have dodged a bullet, as I was an awful child and into my 20's & even my early 30's I was giving my parents a bitch of a time.  My mother always swore I'd get paid back.  Fortunately I believe in Karma and the Golden rule, I have tried to make up for my errors...so the blow sure seems light.

Hopefully....but then again there's always grand kids...you never know who may end at my doorstep suitcase in hand!!

 

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww Rose, Big huge Hugs to you hon, Love You Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Everything seems so different now then when I raised my two so I guess anything I would say would be so obsolete. I do wish you and your husband the best in dealing or not dealing with these young people. Paula

Anonymous said...

Oh boy. You have so much going on.....i am praying for you Rose.....i am truly so very sorry for Liz. It is HEARTBREAKING to watch our kids hurt that way.....i bet she is coming to you with her feelings though...i have a feeling there is alot of you in Liz. Sorry to hear your stepson is in jail.....sorry about the drinking too.
i love you so

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for Liz, but since I am so far behind, she could already have replaced him, gotten married, and have a family on the way :-)

xoxo