Saturday, May 10, 2008

lilacs...spring...and babies...

this has been a tough week...I feel like there are days I truly fear for the state of our children...this week while tough brought plenty of smiles and down right pleasant moments from my life as a bus driver.   A couple of my charges are having such a rough go at life that I wish I could scoop them up and bring them home and be their everything.  But I am only one woman.  My husband gets irritated with me, as I am always looking out for the strays of the world.  I try, but it's just so damn hard some days.

Thank God for bringing us a wonderful, beautiful spring this year.   Every single tree, brush and bush that flowers is in full bright bloom.  And the blooms are hanging in there.

Seeing natures bounty brings me a ray of hope.

I love lilacs and my bush actually bloomed this year!

while these aren't mine, I took them from a neighbor whose bush was loaded, mine are slowing each year getting more blooms.

My bright spot over the past few weeks has been these three, they never let me down in the appreciation area.

An old pool and a few bags of sand...magic!

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww Rose, sorry you had a tough week hon, I did too, dad died this past Wednesday, hope your new week is better, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Rose a gal with a heart of gold like you would have a hard time not being concerned for all the kiddos in your area but you can only do so much. Take care of you too. Paula

Anonymous said...

As you know my lilac bush bloomed for the 1st time ever.....i love the ones you "borrowed" from your neighbor. lol
I am sorry there is so much sadness and madness in life...i totally understand and see it all the time too. Your heart is HUGE and that is why you have so much compassion for others.
I LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Rose, you project your love & concern upon the Universe.  I think that is a beautiful gift.  I'll bet some of them feel scooped up & loved just by the kindness & attention you show them.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's day !! Lilacs were my moms favorite, I want a bush SO bad !!!
Enjoy those adorable boys!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

You just have a big heart and love people honey.I love the pictures. I hope you had a good Mother's Day.I love the spring weather also,and I love flowers,trees etc.Hope this next week is a good one for you.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Grandmas do magic :-)

xoxo