Friday, October 19, 2007

Liz turns 19

Tomorrow my girl turns 19.  Wow does time fly by.  Seems only a while ago we were playing Barbie & doll house...her favorites.

My niece happened to have these pictures posted to here face book blog.  She must have a scanner, I do not. 

This is Liz's first Christmas.  Look at how lovely my hair is....a grown out perm dyed reddish...I was a single mom of three, no job, living with my parents...

This must be when Liz was around 1 or so...with my niece, Jeni...still living with my folks, except now my brother (Jeni's dad) and nephew live with us & my folks.   Saints they were!

The child never liked to wear clothes...Looking back I realize how faith and a lot of hard work can bring a little family into a wonderful life.   My children and I have come so far!

My kid today...she designed this bouquet in floral design last school year.  Sometimes I do believe she raised me.  She is an old soul and wise beyond her years.  She is my idol, my heart and I am so very proud to be her mother.

Happy Birthday Liz!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy blessed birthday to pretty Liz! Meg will be 19 in a month also. I loved the pics.....i think you look great in red hair.....Liz is such a special person and part of the reason is because of YOU!! Dont ever forget that.
i love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy 19'th birthday Liz, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Liz. I'm sure she is a joy to have around. I told my daughter recently about a picture of she and I that I had found. I told her we were both having a bad hair day and we didn't even know it. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

aaawww...Happy Birthday Liz!!! :o)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Liz!!!
June

Anonymous said...

A very happy belated birthday to Liz!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your tribute to your daughter gave me chills and a lump in my throat.  There is something so wonderful about that mother/daughter bond.  Hug her and wish her a happy belated birthday from me.
Hugs, Kathy