Saturday, October 20, 2007

too warm for fall

The weather is extremely warm here in the Midwest for mid October.  Today was a lovely 75, tomorrow promises to be warmer.  The trees which should be a blaze with color are just now turning...orange, reds, yellows.  I know this because my son Eric will be 23 on the 24th and I remember coming home with him from the hospital to a lovely autumn show.   Every time in the past I tried to have an outdoor birthday party for Liz or Eric it was so cold we froze. 

Today I watched the grand kids at their house, Mark's ex was there in the morning.  They baked ... I reaped the rewards...yummy cupcakes and cookies.  We were cordial, I have little regard for her as a person, she is the type that never takes responsibility for her actions, ever.  But I do show respect to her, she is my stepkid's mother.  Later the boys and I played outside and then indoors in their bedroom.  Jacob did not want me to leave.  

Dakota is officially growing up.  He posed for this shot at the farm and he no longer says, "me" when referring to himself, he now says "I".  The little guy is growing up!

 

So far this has been a great weekend...Mark even took a walk around the neighborhood with me!  Enjoy the weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dakota is a doll...all your boys, even the grown ones, are so good looking. You are COOL to deal with the ex in a nice way....some would not be so nice about it. I LOVE this weather...keep that snow away! love you so much, lisa

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Dakota is a doll, thanks for sharing , Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Lord he is handsome. Maybe we should arrange a marriage between him and Shelby?

Anonymous said...

Wow, he is really turning into a child, not a baby!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a CUTIE!  I love the little Crocs!  He looks like such a Dude!  Enjoy the fall colors.  We get some change here but not like there!
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

The weather has been weird all over, it's been cool here FLA. Gof figure. Great on the hay.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hope all is OK there!  Miss ya!
Hugs, Kathy