Wednesday, April 30, 2008

giving back...

First off I feel so bad that I have not been on my computer.  I am not being a very good online friend as I have neglected this place.  Life has kept me away.  Heck I even missed an email from my son Tim regarding his need for our help moving.  Must not have needed me too bad or he would have called, after all, I do have a land line, cell phone and text messaging.  Perhaps if I had a desk job with a computer I could check my email more often, BUT I'd miss so much of the outside world.  Wandering the neighborhoods in a yellow school bus is sometimes quite exciting.  As for you my friends I will be making the rounds ASAP!

 

Some new news.  My stepson and dil (the grand kids parents) have bought a home.  It's less than a mile from us over the river but not through some woods (:)).  It's close and since I am now the most requested grandma I am sure I will have plenty of visitors 'popping' by.  Especially since grandma has a park and a sandbox.

AND...

I was brought to tears by an email from my adopted solider this morning.  No matter how you feel about the war I am hoping everybody feels we must support our troops.  http://soldiersangels.org/  is an organization that is a wonderful way for us to show our love and support to our men and women who are overseas serving our country.  I never expected an email from this man and here it was.  He was grateful and appreciative of the time and effort I took to send him a few cards and packages over the past months.  So little for the much he is doing. 

This email made my day!

see you soon!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, nice to have an update from you, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Yay a new house...the kids will love that!

Anonymous said...

Well we know how busy you are and i can respect that. Nice the grandkids will be soooo close. Thoughtful of your soldier to resond to you and nice of you to send him things. Paula

Anonymous said...

Haven't been around much myself. I struggle to try to at least keep up a bit but am considering a J-Land hiatus, my life is out of control lately ::sigh::
I agree with you about supporting our troops 100%!
Good to see an entry from you popular Grandma! ;-)
Martha

Anonymous said...

Your a busy gal ,but it is always nice to see your journal update. How nice
that you'll be closer to your Grandkids.Honey,I am sure the emaol from the
solider was such a joy to recieve.
Take care and have a great weekemd.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

This summer you won't even need to use any gasoline to spend time with the boys!

Nice that you heard from your adopted soldier - that had to warm your heart :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I MISS you when you are not around. I love my Sweet Rose.

Congrats to the stepson and DIL.....take pics and share if you can. I am glad they are going to be close to you. It is raining here.
LOVE YOU SO

Anonymous said...

Not too worry, hon. I've neglected our online friends too. It makes me feel bad, but life has a way of interrupting our best laid plans. But...I will be making the rounds, am doing my best to get to everybody. Being a Grandmother is fun but very hard work. LOL. Nothing reminds me as quickly, that I'm not in my teens any more. I know what you mean about being moved to tears. It takes so little to uplift our troops, and they appreciate it so very  much. Thanks for the link. I'm sure others appreciate it as well.
Big hugs, hon.
Love you much.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK