Tuesday, June 17, 2008

boys and bikes...

Little Dayton a couple of weeks ago .... look at his mouth ... he's  making motorcycle noises....

Jacob is so proud of his new bike...complete with flames!

Dakota in his own little world.

Summer break has been wonderful!   It's a nice balance of off time and work time. 

On Tuesdays and Thursdays I watch the kids and so far it's been at their house.  Liz's car we got her ended up needing a lot of body work, so much so that it's basically junk.  We will call one of the many salvage dealers in the newspaper and have it hauled away.  She has been very busy with work (saving for another car) and then right afterward she goes to play practice.  She has been using my car, so some days I ride my bike the mile to the kids house to baby sit.  Dakota loves the park, and every time I come over he tries to convince me to take them there.  It's too long a walk for them and crossing a busy highway with 3 boys under 4 would be a nightmare.  His solution?  "grandma why can't you just put Dayton on your shoulders and me, you and Jacob can ride the bikes to the park!"

Funny boy.  Liz's afternoon practice is over this week.  I will have my car back and Dakota can have his park back.  Plus I'd love to take them to the local pool, museum, library, all the fun stuff summers are made of!  And I get to enjoy them with my grand babies!

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww pictures are too cute. Wishing you a blessed week. Janie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun to me Rose. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey there ! I still never get your alert, which annoys me !!! The boys sure look like they are enjoying their bikes. I know when you get your car back they will love all the trips they go on with Grandma !
Take Care
Ellen

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun :)

Anonymous said...

That is so nice you can just ride your bike down to their house!!  So glad they live close by.... I have not been getting alerts so I am really glad you stopped by and now I re-set my alerts so maybe they will come on again.... have a fun summer!!!  The boys look so cute!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

wow, Dayton is getting SO big!! I am glad you are enjoying the summer so far...i hate it that Liz has lost her wheels. I know how that feels.
LOVE TO YOU!

Anonymous said...

The boys are growing so fast and look so cute on their neat bikes.I am glad to
hear that you are enjoying the kids and your summer time off work.
How's your hubby doing?
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!  Boys come hardwired with motorcycle and car noises.  My 3 grandsons were making motor noises before they could say one single word.  LOL  I love your grandson's idea about getting to the park.  I can just see you with one on your shoulders racing after the other two.  You are so blessed.  They will never forget their time with you.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

You will always remember this summer with the boys :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Rose, the kids are getting so big! Time goes by way to fast!!
Just popping in on my J-Land rounds. Hope your summer is great!
Hugs, Martha :-)