Wednesday, September 13, 2006

stop rainning already!

It's been raining here since Sunday ... ick!  As I've said before:  big rain means no work for my hubby  = no pay.  He should be going back Friday which is ok, but he's driving me nuts with the sitting on Ebay...looking at motorcycle stuff, polishing his motorcycle...ok not that nuts he does cook the dinner and run Liz to school (walking the mile in the rain would stink for her), and tomorrow take her to her job.  Hopefully this little break in work will remind him that he still needs to line work up for the winter, just for his attitude alone.  He has a few things lined up already.  Besides I told him the only way he get to go to Disney when we go see my dad over break is to make some extra $$$$.  Personally, I'd rather lay on the beach like last year.  Plus he decided to buy Jeremy's fancy motorcycle...if he wants play he needs to earn the pay right??!

Gas is finally going down in these parts...$2.63 from $3.20 ish, which was one of the highest in the nation.  My little car gets great milage, we only spent $180.00 on gas on our trip last year.  I am ready for some fun on the gulf!  It's in the 60's here already and I had to try and figure out the heat on my new bus 60.  Monday the wet, hot blooded junior high kids fogged my windows up so bad I could hardly see.  I hadn't turned some knobs to make heat so now I know.

So far things are going well.   I do have a very young Early childhood group that are not very verbal.  They tend to scream alot, plus I have more girls than last year.  High pitch screeching can be a bit much...  All part of the job, my monitor is awesome, skilled and as with any new school year we will all adjust to each other. 

My junior kids are still a dream...I wonder when they will wake up and become normal??!!!

Tomorrow night Jeremy and Tracey are going out...so.......we are babysitting.  I haven't seen the kids in 2 weeks...bet Dayton is huge...hope I can pry him out of Liz's hands!!

That is if Jacob lets me, Dakota is all about Papa so at least we have enough big peoplelove to pass around...

see ya!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure wish we would get some rain here!  It is still so darn hot!  It was 98 today and  right now at 10:30 at night, it's 68 degrees.  That's what it should be during the day right now!  I fear we will never see the end of this heat wave till at least the middle or end of October.. if we are lucky!

Glad school is going well for you!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

it has rained here on and off for 3 days.....yeah i wish Rick had a real job during the winter....i dont even want to think about that layoff.
I am glad all is well with the new bus...when are you all going on vacation? You are going to Disneyworld? Good luck if so. It is so hot and expensive! I would have rather spent the week at the beach.
love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Rose,I love you sharing your days week etc. You are such a neat Lady and I do
learn a lot from you. Enjoy those adorable Grandkids. I do hope your junior kids
continue to behave for you.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Were getting rain too ! I dont mind it yet, give me a day or two!!!!
Hope it clears up there!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose-

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello! Looks like things are on track and i hope they continue to get better for this coming winter. I agree with the girls screaming it can be a bit much if you have too many. Another weekend at the booth...
I sure hope we make some money in our pockets. But you have a good one!
Take care and keep in touch love ya your friend Sara Priest

Anonymous said...

Not much rain around here, just hot and humid as always. Hope you'll get a break in the rain so hubby can get back to work! Sounds like all is well on the work front for you, glad to hear that! Enjoy! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad our gas prices didn't get that high. Our is comming down also. When I filled up on thursday it was $2.10. I couldn't take screaming kids. I do so admire you , you definatly do a job I don't think I could do.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. We had a little rain day before yesterday. I enjoyed it, but not eager for more of it too soon. We get lots of rain in the winter, but at least, not as much cold and snow as you get; well, at least not in town. Hope Mark is able to go to work soon. I know how it is to be concerned about money. BUT>>>we both know GOD's pockets are never empty and the rumor that GOD IS GOOD...
is not a rumor.
Love you,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THROUGHGOD'SEYES
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HOPEFORTODAY

Anonymous said...

its been pouring here too.