Saturday, September 9, 2006

the week in review

I feel so out of touch...I've spent most of the morning trying to get caught up with all my journal alerts.  The internet is a strange and wonderful place.  Where else can I get caught up on my kid's life except through his girlfriend's myspace?  I did learn today that they went to Chicago, had a party, his girlfriend got her carpets cleaned and isn't sure she likes her new classes at school.  She also isn't sure about "them", oh yeah and she's home today for somebody's birthday, I think her sister.  I did talk to my son last night and we are planning on getting together next weekend.  He's 21, I remember being 21, he's out livin' life, just like I did when I was 21.

 I don't ever dare go on Liz's myspace, ick teen angst is an ugly thing.  She is doing fine as far as I can tell.  She mad about her English class, says the teacher is an idiot and the kids are boring.  She likes an English class that will debate her, darn it!  She's doing her training at Kohl's.  She does not like the idea of having to 'sell' the Kohl's theme of using their credit card, which they push in their training videos, oops I almost said films...God I am old!  She is working today setting up the store.  First jobs suck, mine was at a hamburger joint (joint???) and I gained 20 pound in one summer...too much eating on the job I guess.  She'll be ok though, she's miles ahead of me in self confidence, more like me now.

My job is doing ok, the high school route that was added to my morning route, is a group of half asleep kids who are both polite and quiet.  The company that has that part of town is short 20 drivers, we are not so short so we have 5 of their buses with our drivers in them.  They were hoping to take over all our busing in the near future.  I do not see that happening anytime soon.  They have already had a couple of accidents too, minor bumping to each other, but none the less they are not making a good impression so far.

We went to the high school football game last night, beautiful full moon, and all it was a pleasant evening.  My dil is a math teacher there and does crowd control during the games.  My kids used to play high school football, this was the first game Mark and I had been to since 2000.  I always say I am stuck in the 90's...sometimes I feel so old, & I miss the days when my kids were young.  But then I remember I have now, I am wiser, and need to remember to appreciate now.  Tomorrow comes soon enough...back then I didn't appreciate all those kids or my life...now I can.

Plus I have my freedom!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

I really need to get some updated pictures...Dayton is getting huge!

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for freedom!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I hear you about the MYSPACE stuff.  My daughter has hers, and I admit I do visit it on occasion, but sometimes the things I see, and the things they say.... it icks me out too!

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Hugs
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose-

Thanks for the caring message in my journal! I hope things start fixing itself soon our newphews funeral is Tuesday,Wed afternoon. My husbands health is the same.
He has a bunch of Dr appts,do an xray,bone marrow,and probably more coming up wish us luck that nonething is serious wrong. Seems like your life is moving on the track and just in a comfortable spot with your self and family. Good luck to r
Liz with her new job I am lookin for one part time too because my husbands off work on account of his health. We still have our booth and always thinking of something new to bring in...Iam working on friendship bracalets. Well were packing up and heading home have a goodnite and great Sunday! were off to relax and watch a new movie. Have a good one take care keep in touch
Love ya your friend Sara Priest

Anonymous said...

I know I got way behind reading J's. It takes awhile to get caught up. sounds like things are going well for you. I'm glad.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

You really are showing our age! It's not training films, not even training videos but more than likely it's training DVDs!!
Think I'll go put on a good album... I mean 8 track... er... cassette? LOL ;-)

Hope you have a great weekend!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

hope you have a nice restful Sunday tomorrow. Paula

Anonymous said...

i feel like an old foogey too..dont feel bad. I hate reading Megan's myspace.....it scares me too. I am glad the family is doing well and life is going along well for you. We all need down times.
LOVE YOU!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Strange when we use the internet to keep in touch with family!! Thats what we do with my blog! I use to love to go to the football games when I was a senior. I doubt my son will play, he's a rocker !!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

It was fun catching up.  I haven't read many journals lately due to my vacation.  Sounds like Fall is in the air there.  Hope it works it's way West soon.
Kathy