Saturday, November 25, 2006

I am the only one in my household not working today...or yesterday.  Yesterday I was in a post turkey daze.  So I spent it wandering my house, taking a nap, doing a bit of laundry, only venturing out to pick up some milk.  As soon as I walked into the Walgreens though I was met by only 10 minutes left of our 8 hour sale, this mascara is free after a rebate, how 'bout these watches?! 75 percent off AHHHHHH! 

I escaped with my milk and some dish soap. 

Liz finally got her scheduled fixed at work.  It's been three weeks of no hours or "just come in whenever",  because the computer has it she quit.  She finally went to the store manager and boy did he fix her.  She was given the hours of the Elizabeth that is no longer there.  She is working tomorrow, and Wednesday through Saturday next week.  It's good for her, her Choir is going to Texas during spring break.  We've paid for two past trips, she can help this year. Although the kid  is always generous with her money and her time.  That's what I like about her, her spirit of giving.  Now I need to teach her the spirit of saving.

Today I managed to get out to Curves.  I always mentally feel better when I go there.  Something about all those women, and all that bitching that makes me feel all warm inside.  Only thing is today a girl came in with her mom and sister who looked very familiar.  She was one of my little darlings from my route from hell last year.  She recognized me of course.  She is someone else rider this school year, but I heard on Tuesday that the sub had to take the bus back to the school because of their behavior.  They told my supervisior that they missed me because I let the do whatever they wanted.  Nice...

I  am getting my mind around the upcoming Christmas.  I always love the pictures of homes all decorated with greenary and lights.  Today it's 60 so I will be outside putting up some lights.  No ladder climbing though save that for the men.

Need to enjoy the weather though, a change is brewing ...by Thursday we will be back to the 30's ...

I am off....have a good one!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your off today, finally , I am too !!! Just laying around wanting to take my second nap of the day !!! Man that turkey makes me tired, two days later !!!! LOL
Have a great day
hugs

Ellen

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your little trip into Walgreens for milk.  I hate those after Thanksgiving sales, too.  I just cannot cope with the hustle bustle.  Glad your daughter got her hours fixed.  That had to be a bummer.  
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Rose.. I know I am the head Ms McScrooge of JLand when it comes to the holidays.. but, if you don't remove that darn pumpkin from your side bar.. I'm afraid I may have to pass the title over to you! lol

Hugs

Jackie

Anonymous said...

We are doing the lights and decorations to. Just found out last night that our iscle lights aren't working, no clue. Always a pain in the ass but the beauty is really neat and the kids love it !

Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day!!  I love the feel of Christmas in the air too.  Super hugs to you!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Thinking about getting the decorating going over here too today but so far I have been enjoying doing nothing more! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Definitely save the ladder climbing for the men.  Glad you survived the store today. LOL.  :-)

Amy

Anonymous said...

My daughter is better at the giving than the saving too. Sigh.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to go into a Walgreens or similar for a $5 item and come out with a bunch of stuff you don't need. Glad you escaped.  Too bad your Curves workout had to be tarnished by the bad memory of a bratty student. Have fun decorating.