Sunday, November 12, 2006

wow a week's gone by!

It's been a week since my last entry.  WOW! 

My stepson Jim is fine.  His truck is sitting in my driveway.  It was hit twice and is in pretty bad shape. The guy that hit him has no insurance, hell I doubt if he's a legal American citizen.  Jim he was behind on his truck payments so he had no insurance either. 

First let's back up.  Jim was staying at his brother Matt's house right after the accident.  They are only 13 months apart but ages apart in maturity.  Jim is the older, Matt acts older.  Mark stepped in & he invited Jim to stay here for awhile.  Jim is really not feeling like driving right now so he gets rides to the job sites, or he took Mark to work one day and drove to the job site, which was nearby.  I am leary about letting any of our kids driving any of our two cars for too long.  I know I was a bad adult/child (after my divorce I was, let's say "off" emotionally for about 3 years) and wrecked not only my own car, but my father's.  This was nearly 20 years ago, so I have outgrown that trait, especially after raising so many kids and driving children for a living.  You tend to be way more responsible and careful, at least I do. 

Anyway, Jim will most likely be here for a while, which is fine, he needs us for moral support.  Everyday we remind him to take life a day at a time, a step at a time. I actually need to realize that with so many children somebody will be back home at some point in my life.  We have plenty of room.  Funny thing is my brother and I both moved our children and us back in with my folks, history repeats itself.  And yesterday I had a sobbing Jacob telling me he wanted to stay at my house after he had just spent the day with me.  Tracey was helping her mom pack up here house, she has to have some major electricial work done and has to move out for awhile, so the kids spent the day with me.  I promised Jacob he could stay next weekend, alone with no brothers.  My kids spent a load a time with my mom and dad.  I guess being adored by grandkids is a grandma's purpose in life!

The feeling is mutual...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy to hear that Jim is OK. I hope the brothers can fix up the truck on their own pretty well.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i can imagine that your home is like the calm in the middle of a storm...hell, i want to come and stay too!! LOL                I am glad these kids/young men/adults have you there for them because you are such a good person and can guide others in the right direction.
i love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Since you've been there and done that so to speak you will be able to set a good example for these grown kids and the little ones too. I admire the way you handle everything so well. Paula

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Jim is okay. You are such a good mama and grandma Rose. I hope you have a great wek on the bus.
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

What a good outlook you have on life and a devoted mom and grandma.  I don't think I really want the kids to move out.  Times I do but most times I want them to live with me forever.  I just don't dare tell my husband.  LOL.  Have a great week ahead.  Hugs,
Lisa

http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/  

Anonymous said...

The last car accident I was in was actually 2 days before I had Wyatt. The man who hit us was here illegally from Mexico with no license or insurance... it was a nightmare! Oh... and he was drinking!!  Im just glad Jim was OK!

Kara

Anonymous said...

Car accident's are one of my biggest fears, and I am always worrying about my kids, especially my daughter.  She drives way to fast.  You would think it would be the boys, but noooo...it's my daughter.

Ahh..the grandchildren.... they are a wonderful purpose in life, aren't they, Rose?  Nothing like it in the world!!

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

What did I say before,you are a great Grandma and Mom.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I have a huge fear of car accidents and keeping everyone safe.  Its so scary.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I am sure glad he is okay, very sorry to hear about the no insurance :( You sure have a big heart Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes a lot to have people in your home living with you, even your own family, you must have a lot of patience :)
Hugs

Ang

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!  There is nothing more precious than knowing your grandchild wants to be with you that much!  Mmmmm, hug him tight!
Hugs,  Kathy