Saturday, March 24, 2007

some updates...

I am still in a dark mood, well, ok not dark, maybe blue.  I am trying to snap out of it though.  My head cold left as quick as it came and I am feeling better that way. 

Maybe when the sun comes out I will brighten up....these things always pass though.  At least it's warm outside.

Here's some updates.  The crash that killed the children will never go away.  And with a lengthy court procedure to go along with it.  The driver who is 23, very young, pleaded not guilty of her crime yesterday in court.  She has a slick lawyer.  I feel sadness for her.  Granted pleading this way may be a legal posture, morally it leaves me cold.  I learned a long time ago about taking personal responsibility for our actions.  The families must be beside themselves.  Some are suing her, even the girl that was not injured.  The two surviving boys that were so critical are both home now slowly recovering. 

Fund raisers have been formed, people are looking for answers.

So far little has been learned as far as lessons from the tragedy.  K's brother was busted for under age drinking, pot and fighting last week.  

I feel so helpless to watch my town, my world.  3 teenagers one month after the accident in 3 separate incidents got busted for DUI.  All of them under 18.  One is Liz's friend.  Liz and  I are discussing ways that we can help our community. She is very against underage drinking.  Any ideas would be welcome.

Also, the boy that disappeared from Purdue 2 months ago and had been last seen at my son Tim's frat was found this past week.  Apparently he went to one of the dorms looking for his jacket, he got confused and opened a door that was an electric closet. He tripped and was instantly electrocuted.  God how awful. 

I know from my past experience all I need is some rest, some down time to reflect and recharge.  I will see my babies this next week and I know I will have my hope back.  They are such innocents, sweet and pure.  I could some of that.

With break next week I will be hanging around keeping in touch.  Have a great weekend.!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, sending hugs your way (((((((( Rose )))))))))) Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are feeling much better so you can enjoy your break!  What did you do with the babies?  Don't they help recharge you with their love?
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose what can we do for these young people to make them understand? I guess prayer is the only answer. Hope you feel better from your blue spell. You have certainly had enough to make you feel that way. Hug those precious babies and I know you will go that. Paula

Anonymous said...

I read about that terrible accident where the young man was killed. And, like you, I am grieving a death caused by drugs--the twins are struggling to deal with the drug overdose of their mother, and it breaks my heart.  I watch people all around us struggle with drugs and alcohol and to be honest, I think that they are self medicating.  There is something inherently wrong with a culture that puts material possessions ahead of people, and our lives have become so unnatural that people resort to drugs and alcohol to deaden their pain.
Hugs to you, sweetie,
love, Kas

Anonymous said...

aww feel better k?  Sending prayers from Texas! xox Barbara

Anonymous said...

I read about that boy being electrocuted......what a tragedy. When someone is surrounded by tragedy and especially when more and more happens and it effects you personally then it is easy to go to a dark place. What a sad world we live in. I love you and i hope that you feel better soon because i worry about you so.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose...you have really taken that tragedy to heart and I can see why. You knew one of the kids, you have personal experience with the nightmare that can be caused by alcohol, and then you see that other kids don't even seem to have learned anything from that terrible accident. For me, I'm at the point where I can almost never pick up a newspaper or watch the TV news, because all the death and tragedy upsets me way too much.  I get my news from Newsweek magazine, which means I'm pretty out of the loop with all of my own local happenings.  I'm not proud of the fact that I have found it necessary to stick my head in the sand when it comes to local news, but it does help my mood to avoid the constant exposure to the world's many tragedies. I agree, we will all feel better as the days get sunnier. Have fun with the babies.

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose,
With all the sad things that have happened in your town is enough to make one feel down. Everyday on the news I see at least one murder,highjacking,gangs
shooting others and I try to not watch the news more than I have to. Hon,you will be in my prayers and our world and the changes that are taking place. I hope you rest and feel better to enjoy your grandkids soon.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your cold is better, sometimes they hang around forever. Underage drinking is a sore subject with me. It's just so tragic what that leads to. I'm glad your daughter has it together.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

I predict you will be feeling much better very soon....maybe because I am reading the newer emails first? I am very behind...xoxo