Thursday, March 1, 2007

TGI nearly F

My son Tim turned 25 Tuesday.  He didn't feel well, so I knew there would be no alcohol involved in his happy day...j/k it was a work day & he is an Engineer at a Bearings company so I know he would have behaved anyway.  Now the weekend...

This week has been tough, the weather has been crazy, snow, sleet, chucks of ice failing from the sky and last night?  A thunderstorm!  The ground still has a lot of frost from the cold winter and the rain is flooding everything.  Ah  you gotta love the midwest this time of year!

My work has been more insane than normal.  The kids must be having cabin fever also as my normally good groups have been antzy and neglectful in following the rules.  The drivers who normally whine, bitch and moan over every little thing are magifying these behaviors.  Me?  I try to fly under the radar, keeps me out of trouble.

Today I tried out some of the free yoga programs offered my cable company.  Mostly deep breathing exercises that have helped my stress level.

My husband needs to get out of the house and my stepson being here is not helping.  He has some very bad habits that I doubt will change by him being here, at 27 he is quite set in his ways. 

Spring will cure most of this as they will both be too tired from working 10 hour days outside.  Fingers crossed for an early spring.

Liz is head of Tech crew and has performance tonight and tomorrow, I will attend tomorrow night.  I could use a good laugh!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Tim. Very nice looking couple. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose, thanks for your journal link, I put you on my alerts, you have beautiful kids, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rose.  I just caught up on three entries.  Happy birthday to your son!  What a great looking family you have!  My heart aches to read about all of those kids killed and injured in the car accident.  Brings back some hurtful memories - good friends lost children to drunk drivers years ago.  They pain surfaces when I hear about things like this.  I'm so glad you have a way to let go of the stress that is healthy and feeds your soul.  I'm inspired.
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

hi hi...:)..Happy Belated birthday to your son!  This weather is indeed crazy. Today in Ny is beautiful while yesterday was cold and nasty.... Hope everything at work calms down LOL ...I'm surprised you dont come home with a headache every day! YOGA..Hmmmm maybe I'll try that..I need something to relieve my stress. Cant wait till spring is here...HUrry up Spring!!!
:)
Take Care
Steph

Anonymous said...

And I think we are freezing here,but when summer comes,I'll be crying about the heat. It must really be hard working in that weather and the kids must feel like
screaming and for better weather. I know you are proud of Liz as I would be also.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I could probably use some breathing exercises these days.  Happy Birthday to Tim!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great weekend Rose!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Yoga is a wonderful stress reducer. I hope we have an early spring, but out my window I see new snow falling, snow on the ground, ice under the snow - any spring would look good right now! Even a little sunlight would be nice.

Have a good weekend!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

it is snowing right now, SICK OF IT!
I can not believe you have a son who is 25. WOW. You gave birth at 2, huh?  WINK WINK


I know all about the hubby who needs to go to freaking work. Men.
I wish you and i lived close, i would come get you and we'd have a spa day.
love you so much

lj

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to try yoga. Let me know if it helps!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you get a chance to get out, Rose. I don't know how you endure such nasty weather. We had a mild winter, but I'm thinking it will be a HOT summer. Had to come looking to see if you posted since no alerts reached me. But then I noticed you'd not posted for a bit, so maybe I didn't miss any. Any way, I'm here, so you can't say I don't love you, lady. LOL
I do, and very much. take care hon.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I thought of you last night when CNN reported that buses can be the target of terrorists...I am so glad there are good people like you out there taking care of the children.
love to you,
kas