Tuesday, March 27, 2007

old dog/new tricks

This week we will be converting to A T & T dish for our TV as we already have DSL & phone service through them.  They offer a free year of TV so why not.  When I first had AOL back in 2000 I had dial up which of course only cavemen use, then I tried their DSL and it never would work even after having a tech here for 6 hours.  I finally kicked him out when we had to go to my stepson's graduation, this was 2002, June.  I then went  through my phone service... SBC/A T & T/ma bell/Illinois Bell or whatever they are calling themselves this week.  I got their DSL in 2002..never had a problem with them, ever.  So last week when I was with Liz at the Cingular now AT & T store (she bought a new cell phone that has "everything mom") I asked about the free TV offer.  I liked the deal so I signed up and they gave me a new modem that is wireless...and faster.  I still haven't hooked it up....am I getting old or what??..I believe like the old timers that if something is not broke why fix it.   I am sure after the guys hook up the satellite tv I will switch my dsl too.   Probably be happy too.

Yesterday the tech came to hook up the TV...seems a big tree that is growing into my house and needs to be cut down anyway (chain saw chain is broke so the delay tree removal has been since last summer), needs to be moved before they can put up the dish.  Ok cool, we go get the chain, but now the chain saw won't run.  We can either rent or borrow one.  Jeremy's is broke, his friends is not.  So Jim went to go get the saw.  He & Matt (my two step sons) will take down the tree plus the dead Magnolia in the corner of my front yard.  They are both not working yet because of all the rain. 

Kids come in handy sometimes don't they??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids come in handy sometimes? Do tell!!

My theory is to move kids to a new home every 3 months. They always behave much better for strangers.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

We just got cable but hubby already declares it will be going.

:-(

Sigh.


http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal/

Anonymous said...

YAY cable digital tv!!!  Woo Hoo!  Congrats!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a fiasco with the DSL, phones and Dish. People in Ohio all say when it rains that their DISH goes out. I hope yours does not!
I hope you are doing better. Remember, i love you,
lj

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start calling you Techie-rose.  LOL  Good deal!  Hope when everything is hooked up it all works and you are happy!
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Rose,
Am so happy that things are going better for you.I am sick so have to get better
before I come online for more then a few minutes.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your getting all High Tech on us. I still use dial up. They haven't brought all the high tech stuff to my cave yet. LOL.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my DH, we keep upgrading our TVs and services and it's all pretty ridiculous because there's STILL nothing good to watch. Still, you know men, they have to have their TV.  If it were up to me, we'd do without.