Monday, May 14, 2007

better...

My mother's day was wonderful.  My sons came over and with Liz here I had all my children here.  Besides Liz brought home an apple pie!  How can anyone be sad when there's pie!  My stepson Jim was here most of the day also, but he is not the type to get all mushy with mothers, not even his own.  Matt and Brandy did call/2-way via nextel to wish me a good mother's day.

My d-i-l Tracey also called me and told me she loved me!  Poor child is stuck in the middle of some stuff and there are some other personal type stuff going on with her and my stepson.  So I totally understand the whole problem with a MD picnic.  She ended up going to her own mother's house.  Hopefully whatever is going on will be resolved.  I am finding from my own experience the first five years of marriage are very hard, after that, you get to know the person you are vowed to be with until death, & then you either sink or make it, or chop them up and bury them in the back yard next to the dog....only joking!   Mark and I are making it.  12 years, amazing. 

Today Tracey stopped by with a bag of tea (I love tea) and the sweetest Mother's day card from the kids. 

I am over my pout, which wasn't so difficult this time.

The weather here has been super hot 90's today and dry.  But rain is in the forecast which we badly need.   My hostas aren't as perky as normal.

I thank you all for your well wishes.

Funk over!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, glad you had a good Mother's Day, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

A lovely Mother's Day after all :)

I hope your hostas perk up!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

no one deserves a happy mothers day more than you, Rose. I am glad the kids called or came by and i know you are a great mentor to Tracy. I love you
lisa

Anonymous said...

How many husbands you got buried in that back yard? lol No just kidding. It remimded me of a true story where a wife killed her husband and buried him in a wishing well and then planted flowers on top. So glad your Mother's Day was nice, mine was too. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I am so glad that you had a nice Mother's Day. You sure do deserve one that's for sure.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

It was GOOD to catch up with you.  I was gone for awhile so I missed you.  So happy your Mother's Day was great.  You deserved it!!!  Your daughter looked SO pretty for Prom.  That dress is devine!  Yards of pink.  I LOVE it.  You'll do fine as she graduates and moves forward.  Think of it as a beginning and not an ending.  That got me thru it.
Hugs,  Kathy