Sunday, May 6, 2007

Prom

Yesterday was Prom.  She is a senior, she will graduated this year... 2007.

This has been quite a thing for Liz and I.  I think I have been in denial long enough...my baby is graduating this year and I am so not ready!   We finally got her senior pictures taken and have the proofs, this week they will be ordered in time for the end of her high school career.  Her announcements are filled out, waiting for her pictures and party announcements.  Her commencement gown will be picked up soon.

Me, I still sit and deny, deny, deny.  Maybe it's because I know she will be going to the local Junior College next school year, maybe because she still has yet to have a driver's license, maybe because we are so close....

But my last kid will not be in the school system anymore!  The school I went to, Mark went to!  The one her 4 older brothers graduated from.

:::Sigh:::   there's always the grandsons!

Liz and Mike, Mike has his very long hair pulled back.  This was taken at his grandparents farm. 

BTW Prom was great.  Liz and Mike went with a group of friends and then to the house of S, for a bonfire.  S's brother was in the accident that killed the five teens.  I saw him & he's healed and doing great.  His mom and I reminisced about our high school days gone by.  It was good to see her, she is rattled, but her faith is strong.  Her daughter S is going away to college, she has her fears, but feels God will take care of her.  He did her son.  But S is like her momma, strong, fearless.

I have a very busy work week.  The teachers are spending all their field trip money before the end of the school year.  On Wednesday I get to drive a group to the Morton Arboretum.  I love that place.  The place should be showing it's spring finest.

Being busy and making extra money, makes the down days even more appreciated.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz looks beautiful and I like her dress. You could be her sister, just add another prom dress. lol Have fun on Wednesday. Your job can be fun, can't it? Paula

Anonymous said...

i could cry just reading this. You and i are feeling the same things, Rose. I can not and will not think about it even as i am living it. I have no idea how to live without Meg right here. She has been my lifeline for 18 and a half yrs.
Ok, crying.
Liz is a fairytale princess. My Heavens. That dress is PERFECT.  So what if we both spent the house payment--JK, i know we both paid our bills but you know what i mean.
I am glad you saw a friend and had time to talk and that things are going well.
i love you
lj

Anonymous said...

Rose, I love seeing Liz's prom pictures, she looks beautiful !!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

She is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!  My youngest will be leaving the middle school next year and moving into the HS and I will be totally out of that system...after 15 years.  Can't imagine what YOU are going thru!!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Oh...she is soooooooo beautiful!!! Enjoy every minute that you have her home with you...and make a lot of memories together..
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I love the dress!  She is so adorable.  I remember being in denial too.  I won't lie, it is hard to let go and let God.  But I am getting better all the time.  Eric calls me every chance he gets and as long as I hear from him I am ok.  He has been very busy lately, but I talked to him today! xoxBarbara

Anonymous said...

She looks very happy. Rather than deny it, why not look at what a great job you have done in raising her and look back on the occasion with fond memories.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Liz looks beautiful Rose,and I can understand how you feel as she gets older.
But it is so nice that she gets to go to the local Junior Collage next school year.
Have a wonderful time at the Morton Arboretum.
Much Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose -  Liz looks so beautiful in her gown.  My daughter is also a senior this year and this will be her first Prom.  When we went out looking for her dress, and she walked out of the dressing room in her ball gown, I cried tears of happiness down my cheeks which spilled onto my shoes.  She looked so beautiful  Imagine the mess I'll be when she gets married.  My daughter will be the first to graduate as a 3rd generation from this HS from my family, a proud moment for all of us.    

Hard to believe that our baby girls are growing up...I'm in denial too.  

Take care,

Kathy G.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos hon. Liz is so pretty. Hate that I have to keep checking to see if you've posted. I DO have  you on alerts but half the time I don't get any. Kids grow so fast. Before you know it they're grown and on their own. Thank goodness there are grandchildren. MIss you. All this time I thought you'd not posted. So sorry I didn't check it out for myself before now.
love you, hon,
Barb-http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Oh, she looks so beautiful and so happy--and the dress is so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

She looks absolutely divine!

xoxo