Saturday, May 12, 2007

reality

This was a busy week.  I had trips four of the five days.  I never realized how different kids could be from school to school.  One group of fourth and fifth graders had to be shuttled to the high school for choir practice...some big yearly event.  I swear to you nearly every single one of the those kids had cell phones!  They were texting and calling their friends like little pros.  Most wear make up, and dress like Brittany Spears, no maybe not that bad but close.  No one on my elementary bus has cell phones, not even the air traffic controller's kid, whose daddy just got a Prosche, has one.  My junior high kids all have them, and IPods too, but 4th grade!!!???  Pleeeeeeeeease!

Then on Wednesday I took a group of 6th graders to the Arboretum, one little snot basically stood in the aisle the whole way home.  Teacher was clue less and said, "oh they aren't being that bad"  Right.  Bad for this kid I learned her name right away.  Most of they way home I called her name over the PA and told her to sit down.  I am no dictator when it comes to bus discipline, especially to the very social Junior high kids, but this kid was all over.  THEN one of the little darlings wrote all over my seats!  God I hate that! 

Oh well all part of the job.  I got overtime pay and the only real problem was Wednesday afternoon when traffic was horrible, it was hot (85) and some truck decided to have an accident on my route back to take the 4-5 graders back to their school.

Mother's day is once again here.  Makes me miss my own mom.  My children will be here of course.  The boys will go see their step mom and their dad.  Thank God I had the good sense to teach them to respect her too.  My step sons?  Well it's a long sad, boring story, but there will be no picnic no get together.  I was sad at first, mad, hurt, but what good would it do.  Tracey is sad too, she and I are very close.  There are a lot of issues that a long session in  therapy might fix, but when someone doesn't think they are doing anything wrong... they think they are blameless.  They go along with their life as selfish as ever.  My husband's ex is that way, and her children protect her.  I really am not that hard to get along with...I behave like a good girl scout, all pleasant and friendly.  I love them and the grandkids, but that doesn't seem to matter.  Being healthy and communicating is not something that they are good at.  So it goes.  I strive for progress ... maybe next year.

To all of you, I wish a very Happy Mother's Day!!

 

Last week when I was at Tracey's, Dakota followed me outside when I was ready to leave and said, "me go with you grandma!"  So hard to say no to that little sweetheart (they had plans)...he and his brothers makes everything right!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I wish you a nice restful relaxing day tomorrow. Paula

Anonymous said...

those stepsons are missing out on a hell of a good woman-YOU! Maybe in time they'll see that. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Mothers Day! LOVE YOU
lisa

Anonymous said...

Rose, Happy Mother's Day to you !!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tahank you for being so sweet and supportive this week when I really needed it. :-)

You are a dear sweet woman.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Rose! I hope it turned out beautifully :)

xoxo