Saturday, May 26, 2007

mia but I know where I am

I am so very far behind!!  It's raining on this long holiday weekend, racing is on (keeping hubby happy) so I have plenty of time to catch up with my j-land pals! 

Whenever I get behind on journals I usually start from today's alert, then go to the link to the person's journal then I go to the last entry I remember (??!!) reading and then read each day to the newest entry.  Does that make sense?  Or if I am in a really pinch for time I read all the entries I am behind & comment on the last one. 

I do weird stuff when I read a newspaper too.  I read the whole front page (unless it's the Chicago Sun times they are like a book) and then go to the continued page, which means I read about five different stories and then continue reading them on another page.  

This has been a very hot and dry week.  Very unseasonable for the Midwest.  Causing my dear hubby to be crabby each evening.  He has been working, but he's been in the water truck which is an old clunky relic that he must fill the tank with water and water the dirt that the heavy machines work.  It's been so dry that the water has been evaporating before he lays it down.   We have had high winds 40 mph or better, which blow the dust and dirt in large brown clouds.

Today's rain will correct that problem.  With it the cool, normal spring days.  Hubby also got a part for his motorcycle today so it is now running.  A must for any person with the price of gas.  Illinois is now the highest above California, at an average of $3.50 per gallon.  Such insanity. 

We had the boys last weekend, we took them to a small zoo/park and had a blast.  While we had them my stepson and dil were able to talk out some of their 'issues' they were having.  Marriage is hard work.  There were times, probably the first five years of my own marriage that I could have killed Mark, especially with  all the kids & our ex's.   But talking is the key.  Even if it's loud and some may consider it yelling, soon things iron out.  If there is a basic respect and love anything can be worked out.

School will be out on June 7th, Liz graduates on the 2nd. 

Routes for the summer are being bid on June 4th.  There seems to be enough work that I will be able to work this summer, which will keep me out of trouble...

I will still have plenty of time to enjoy the kids, but work.  My job is great that way.

Enjoy your weekend...I am off to see what you all are up to!

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, have a great weekend !!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice week-end. Paula

Anonymous said...

mark better stop being grumpy! Dont work too much this summer if you dont have to. I have you and Liz in my thoughts as you two go thru what i am going thru. Wish we could have a big cry together!
love you
lj

Anonymous said...

Loved hearing about how you are doing etc. What a beautiful picture! I hope
you have a safe and happy 3 day weekend.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is graduating already :)

Have a good weekend! We have had rain for 2 days, but I don't mind it.

xxo

Anonymous said...

A nice rainy holiday weekend sounds refreshing and great!  Hope all of you are enjoying it!
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of Miss Liz!  Graduation is such an exciting time. I hope it cools down for you. It is 102 today here in AZ YUCK!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

We had some rain last night, but it's been dry here.
I sometimes read the paper the same way ! Also, If I'm behind on entries I also just comment on the last one. But when Alerts keep screwing up like they have been I seem to be behind on everyone !!
Enjoy your weekend.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

The way you read and learn has a name:  you are a global reader...so am I...we like to see the forest first, and then the trees. :-)  I always read the last few pages of a book after reading the first chapter or so.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
I have return to AOL and am trying to catch up. I hope you are doing well. Beautiful girl! I am out of school for the summer, just taking a much needed break. Take care. ~jan

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rose!  Just dropping by to say hello and that I hope everything is good in your corner of the world.  Miss You!
Hugs,  Kathy