Saturday, November 17, 2007

Being Thankful

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hubby & me...at the wedding reception.

I am finally having a free Saturday to sit at one of my favorite places...my computer and catch up with J-land.  This is a busy time of year and it seems to be getting earlier than ever!  Christmas music in the air & lights up are one thing, but those balloon things up in people yards is too, too much!  At least let's enjoy fall people!

My entry today is all about being thankful...I tend to freak out less when I remind myself of what I have and where I've come from...I am one blessed girl, but still tend to hang out in the land of fear.  Not a nice place for sure...

My family and friends are so important to me.  I tend to not nurture my friendships, usually back away from letting people get too close, but I think I have matured and grown out of that.  I am even letting people hug me, weird...but nice.  I have some old friends that work with now.  It's so wonderful to have them around.

Last Sunday went to a small store front church with a girl at work...it was a very, very powerful experience for me.  God has always been good to me, me not so good back.  I tend to be a control freak and try and plan out everything in my life.  Not so easy, but I am learning (again) to step back do what I can and let God do the rest. 

I am off work Wednesday through Sunday!  Monday & Tuesday and 5 hours school days, and I do have a sports trip Monday night.  BUT I made sure I have off the rest of the week.  To be filled with family, food and fun...I've earned the time off.

I am also thankful that my hubby is working today.  Saturday work has been no where to be found this construction season & with a short week next week we are very blessed to have this extra work. 

I truly believe, but have a hard time practicing, that what we focus on we become.  Today I am focusing on my wonderful life, and while I still have some problems they will all work out in the end...life is good.  Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Rose! You will be all right :-)

I was in Chicago, but only the airport - no time at all to do anything. I will eventually get back there one of these days - and I will let you know!

Enjoy your day off!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww cute picture Rose, I am thankful to have you for a friend, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture of you two. You look so HAPPY! Keep that smile going honey. It looks great on you.
BIG HUGS, and always my love,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Glad you have some time off to enjoy that wonderful family. Paula

Anonymous said...

Wow, but you are just beautiful in that pic and i love how Mark is kissing you. You are an old soul who has learned alot and you DO give back to God....one way is by being a friend to me and others.
I bet we wont even get the Christmas decorations up either this year....who knows, being so busy. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

I NEVER get your alerts!!!!
So sorry I havent been here. I need to go back and read.
Great photo of you! You two look great.
Hugs,
Ellen