Wednesday, November 21, 2007

happy thanksgiving...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dakota, a few weeks ago...

I am enjoying a well deserved day off...Both Monday and Tuesday nights I had sports trips that lasted until 8:30 in the evening.  The weather has been awful, rainy, and cold and now snow is expected.  I actually enjoyed the trip the basketball time was polite and well behaved.  I am actually off work until Monday.

We are going to Jeremy and Tracey's house for Thanksgiving.  This is odd in that last year we were not allowed, because Mark's ex was going to be there.  Now she is coming in the morning so we are invited for dinner.  We are very civil to one another, but kids even as adults have weird ideas about relationships.  I was surprised by this invite.  I heard about it in the middle of buying my Thanksgiving dinner on Monday morning.  At first I was mad, thinking we were only being invited as after thoughts, but my better judgement took over, and was actually relieved, less cooking for me!  I put most of the dinner back on the shelves, saved the Turkey, he was on sale.  Him, I will cook Friday.

The boys will be here Saturday night.  I miss them a lot and I know having grandma time is so important to them too.

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dayton...same day...

So today I am grateful and blessed.  I will be with all my children tomorrow.  And I give God the Glory!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Rose!  Hope all goes well and that your day is very blessed and wonderful.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family
May it be a blessed day for you all.... Take care, Sara

Anonymous said...

Dakota and Dayton are such handsome boys!!
Enjoy your day today with family.
Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

It's all working out just fine for your holiday! Enjoy!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. I'm so glad you've got time off. I'm proud of you for not  holding onto your anger over the invite. It isn't always easy, I know. I had to choose to do recently. It was, and is, still hard, but as His children, we have no choice. Anger within us makes it difficult to live what God says love is. Happy Thanksgiving. Rose. Love the photo. Your grandkids are so adorable. Stay warm..stay sweet too, if possible. lol
love and prayers,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Rose,
I do hope that you will enjoy Thanksgiving at Jeremy and Tracey's today.
Knowing you,you will . Your Grandsons are adorable and sure are growing.
Am so glad you enjoyed the sports trips.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Hope you day was a nice one. Paula

Anonymous said...

So glad you are getting a day of to relax and enjoy your family!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Well Hello There! I haven't been to your j in such a long time. I will have to go have me'z a look see.

Cute pics...

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rose!  Hope everything is going great in your corner of the world!  Thinking of you.
Hugs, Kathy