Monday, January 7, 2008

is it really Jan 7th??!!

We came home from our vacation on Saturday morning to 60 degree temperatures!  Making our transition from southern warmth to northern winter much easier.  Tonight we are in the process of having a thunderstorm...weird.

Going back to work today wasn't too bad.  Mark starts his new 'winter' job tomorrow night.  He will be trucking mail from here to Indianapolis Tuesday through Saturday night from 10 PM until around 6 am, he's guaranteed 9 hours and a very good rate of pay.  I am very relieved as construction has been awful so his 'real' job has been slow then early layoff.  We shall see what the spring brings as far as his other job is concerned.  For now this is perfect.  He worked for this company before and they love his work ethic so they were eager to give him this sweet run.  It is coveted by other employees, as it has two days off in a row.  But many of them don't come to work or milk the clock and get too much overtime.  He'll be on nights but I am in and out all day and we have lived under worse work arrangements. 

The vacation was great, much beach time and site seeing...I have lots of pictures to share.  I missed the J-land reunion and am very bummed about that.  But the family was being sort of a pain, each wanted to do their own thing and not enough time so I did not get to visit much.  We will return next year during break.  My father is fine health wise, but my step mom who is much younger misses just having someone around who likes to do touristy things.  But the trip accomplished what I wanted, beach, dad and rest.

I am still trying to catch up on things.....which is normal for me.

In the meantime Christmas with the boys....

Jacob was very unhappy with the lack of toys for gifts, Dakota had to be bribed with a Hershey's kiss to smile and Dayton was just his normal happy baby self...

 

more handsome boys!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, hon. I'm so glad you had such a great time, but so sorry you missed the J-land reunion. I'm so happy to hear things are going okay financially too. I know that has been a problem at times. But the LORD always provides, doesn't he? Big hugs,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

i would LOVE to meet you someday....glad you got to go and have a good time......glad your dad is doing well. SO GLAD to hear that Mark has this awesome job..what a blessing!!!!!!! The warm weather is making me happy......i hate the snow. The boys are totally adorable.
LOVE YOU SO
lj

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Rose those boys are too cute, glad Mark has a job he likes, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

So happy that you are home,safe and sound and that you had a great time.
Also happy to hear about your hubby's new job! The pictures are adorable as usual,you take great pictures and the kids are so cute!
Good Ole Home.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

But the family was being sort of a pain??  Ha Ha. That was put so...gently. I am so glad you got that vacation.
And thanks for your sweet comment on my whiskey entry.  I thought you'd say: Mary, stop drinking whiskey! ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I missed the j-land group too, by just a few days. Good news about your hubby and his job!

If you get caught up, teach me how, OK?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Those little boys just get cuter and cuter. They look like their pretty grandma. Paula

Anonymous said...

Darn Rose.....we coulda hung out together at the beach!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Glad everything is going well. I'm so sorry you weren't able to join us for our Florida get together. Next year for sure?
Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Im so happy to hear you had a wonderful trip and Christmas.

Kara :)