Saturday, January 19, 2008

 

Sunset St Pete Beach, Florida...

This has been an interesting week.  My job is never boring nor normal.  Just when I think I have things under control, some kid will say or do something to tip the balance of the group.  Or the public or weather decides to act up....

For instance------------->

The weather made for some exciting driving...I am always on alert for other people's bad driving....going into a subdivision I was met by a daddy going to fast around a curve during a snow storm...he did a donut in front of me (he was driving toward me) and ended up on the other side of the road facing the other direction...thankfully my four year old student waiting at his stop was not standing at the curb.  After catching my breath, I ask said Daddy how he was...I noticed two little ones in the back seat...properly secured in car seats...all were fine, but I wonder if his wife knows how fast he drives in bad weather    My neck and shoulders are still sore from the stress of driving that day.

Also on tap this week is an 8th grader who is looking for attention.  He has already tried me by eating hot peppers and spitting them out on my bus floor, leaning up against the side of my bus (near the rear tires) after his drop off, then this week he was lighting matches.   Needless to say he got suspended after he did his match trick in the hallway at school.  Please somebody help this kid!

Yesterday a third grader pleaded with me to let herself and her friend take their coats off in my bus...my heat was turned off, and the temp outside was 15 degrees.  "But bus driver, M is going to throw up, she's crying, don't you care that she's crying???!!"

no...and don't throw up it's Friday and I wanna go home...after all it's a three day weekend!

Be safe and stay warm...

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Rose , sounds like a tough week, sending you some hugs and I'm with you on the no throwing up, ewwwww, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

You have a lot of patience .You be careful driving,there are a lot of crazy drivers
that's for sure.You are really great with kids also.
Beautiful picture. Hope your having a good weekend.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I would have been holding my breath when that guy slide around! Hope someone helps that kid with the matches!! Sounds like your work is never boring. lol God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

LOL
Man, cleaning barf should NOT be a part of your job!! I would have almost peed myself if that dad would have done that in front of me. I do not know how you drive in the ice and snow. I can barely keep my little car on the road.
LOVE YOU
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW....you really have alot on your plate driving that bus!!!  Those parents are so lucky to have you taking care of their children everyday because I know that here, in NJ....there are some REALLY crazy bus drivers!!!!  Thank God no one got hurt and I hope that dad will now SLOW DOWN!!!

Love your pictures too...I wish I were at the beach right now!!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I've always told you how blessed children are that YOU are their bus driver. Their parents have NO ideal what a blessing you are. Would I like your job? No way! Thank you for the sweet email, Rose. It came at the perfect time. I'm in the middle of a huge mess right now, one only God can help me untangle. I'm trusting Him moment, by moment, because that is as far as I can see. Knowing I am in your prayers helps so much. So happy about your new church. It's such a blessing to worship with people like that. Stay well, safe, and as sweet as you've been since day one of our meeting online.
Big hugs.
Barb= http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I think we should all just go on back to Florida until June!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sorry it was such a tough week Rose -- come back to Florida! It's hard working anywhere within the school system, but I think bus drivers have the hardest jobs of all. At least in Florida you'd never have ice or snow!
Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

Perfect pictures for my now 28 degree evening!
Let's go back to Florida!!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

It is sad when parents do not raise their kids. I would be with my kid at school with him tied to my waist if he was acting like that!  Not cool at all. It is not the schools job to deal with that nonsense. Sorry he was giving you such a hard time.  I hope this week is better.

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, kids.  The bring such joy and other stuff.  LOL
Hugs, Kathy