Tuesday, January 22, 2008

is it tuesday??

I was off yesterday ... so all day today I thought it was Monday.  I kept asking my monitor J how things were yesterday with her daughter, with Mrs. H ( the older lady we both work/help during the week), she kept saying you mean Sunday, right? Yeah, ok I am senile and I don't know what day it is!  so shoot me. 

Speaking of Mrs. H, she is a wise lady, she told me the herb Rosemary keeps you from losing your memory/mind/keeps you from going senile, she should know she'll be 96 next month and sharp as a tack.  I have fresh bag of Rosemary in my kitchen, now all I lack is a strainer, boil it up, strain it and put in a spray bottle...the stuff is absorbed into your skin. 

I need all the help I can get.  Both my granny's lived to be in their 90's...but their minds went about 70...Dad's mom always thought when I would go to visit that I was bring Mark as a gift to her..."oh Rosie you brought me a man!", she'd say..."no granny hands off, he's mine!"

I am still busy as ever...at work, driving sucked today as it snowed last night.  I even did a donut myself, in my car, NO silly, NOT the bus.  Although kids have tried to get me to 'drift' the bus...it's some sort of crazy trick people, mostly morons I am sure do for fun. 

Nice thing about a bus they don't slide like a car. I had to stop quick at a light (thank God I wasn't going fast) and I could feel my bus slide, not much no one but me noticed. 

Always an adventure, my job....

It's going to be cold again, minus too much, but by weekend  the temperature is expect to be in the high 30's.  Thenit's bye bye to January.   Mentally, I know when February comes is smooth sailing until March...the spring!

Life is going fine...a problem comes up we/I just deal with it....things are better with Mark working.   There will be some decisions to be made in the Spring.  The economy is still really really bad in the construction business.   With the job he is doing now it's hauling mail, mail will always have to go through...construction not so much...my job too, kids will always need rides to school....I am secure with that.

We do what we can, God takes care of the rest...

And yes Florida...sounds wonderful right about now!

Liz in my dad's pool!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I think of you Rose,I think of you full of energy,always doing something,
lovable and yet know how to be firm when needed.
I must try using Rosemary like you said may work. I am willing to try anything,
really,ha ha.
Rose,please be extra careful driving the bus or your car! It doesn't sound like
a trick to me at all. It has been cold here lately,and I mean cold,to me.
I feel for you in that freezing weather.
God does provide,I agree with you.Hope everything goes well for you.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

it is cold here in Florida!! But it's still nice and sunny...invigorating!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Liz is a true beauty! Did you hear that GW Bush wants to give working married people around $1600 to boost the economy? Hell yeah, AH, send it to me and to Rose too!!
I could never drive a bus in the snow...you are so good at what you do....the school buses in my city will drive 35MPH even in deep snow while i am crawling.
i love you,

lisa

Anonymous said...

Winter will end some day, right? We had several new inches of snow yesterday. It sounds like you are moving along pretty comfortably now, Rose! Rosemary, huh?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Liz, I am so ready for Spring, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

That pool looks very inviting. Pretty daughter too. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I NEVER get your alerts... Just doing some catch up in your journal.
I love your warm pictures.
Please send some snow this way ! We have nothing.
Big hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rose...
I admit when I read that you did a donut my first thought was you were driving the bus and you did a 360 in that big long thing.  LOL  I was happy to know it was your car.  Your grammie's commit about you bringing her a man is so cute!  LOL  Made me smile.  I will pray that it warms up there (and here).  We're unusually cold here in So. California this week.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

I thought it was Monday all day Tuesday too. The weeks we have Mondays off always seem to drag by too. Hope you've rested up this weekend, we're about to head into another Monday (a real Monday this time ;-)
Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

That pool... I could just dive right in!!!  Looks wonderful!!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Times are tough right now. I have so many friends whos husbands are also in construction and are out of work.  I pray you find a solution!  Stay strong...

Kara