Wednesday, March 26, 2008

did you get the name of the freight train?

famous last words....I never get sick...blah!  Over a week ago on a Sunday afternoon I felt the first signs of a sore throat, then tired, then by Tuesday afternoon I was in the grips of the shakes that go with a fever of 103.  I managed to get through my afternoon route, barely.  Call off work Wednesday, came in Thursday as it was the last day before spring break, heard all the complaints, the sub was mean, she called Danny a girl, she drove right by us, blah blah, can't you kids see bus driver is dying here??!

J (7th grader) tells me he's going to Florida for break, he's the one who loves to swear and give anatomy lessons on the male species...Good look up my dad while you're there bet he's not afraid to wash you mouth out with a good sturdy bar of soap.

I barely remember Friday, or the weekend.  Mostly a Vicks, filled stupor trying to stay warm.  Oh and did I mention the coughing?  Fits of it, just as I get all comfy in my warm bed.  Cough Cough Cough

Today is what Wednesday?   Throat better, chills gone, fever gone, now my sinus feel like they are full of some alien ooze.   Great.

I get online and my email box has been full since Monday.

My father did call me on Easter telling me he's been sick too, three weeks worth.  Wonderful, I've been sick for 1 and half...he lost 18 pounds.  Me so far, 10.

Guess Hubby's not as big a sissy as I thought!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you have been feeling so yucky. Probably take a long time to get over that cough so take care of yourself. paula

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I just knew you were going to catch it from me! I have to stay off the computer when I'm sick! Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm atill not 100% but getting there! Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

THANK GOODNES I DIDN'T HAVE THE COUGH BUT MY DAUGHTER DID AND IT SEEMED TO LAST FOREVER.
GLAD YOU ARE FEEING BETTER .
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

i saw that you had a FMB and i was concerned so i am glad you are back online and i hope you feel much much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want you sick! This has been the worst winter for illness, i swear.
LOVE YOU
lj

Anonymous said...

My goodness I am so sorry you are so sick and miserable!  I really hope you feel better soon.

Kara

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Rose, so sorry to hear you have'nt been feeling well, hope you are feeling better by now, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Ewww, you poor baby! Get your girlchild to make you some nice homemade chicken soup :-)

If she doesn't know how - this is a good time to learn, lol!

xxoo