Saturday, March 15, 2008

Is it spring yet?

A busy week with work,  grand kids, and a household to keep up with.  Mark has been sick and his sickness has draaaaaaaaaaagggggggggged to the point where all he does is sleep, go to work and stare blankly at the TV.  I have tried to be patient, I rarely get sick and when I do I do generally try and ignore it and go on, usually with only a trace of whining.  Because of this the household has fallen on me, even the smallest tasks, like dishes I have had to deal with.

Because my husband has been of no use and pretty much in his own world I have ignored him and gone about my own business.  The weather has been warm and sunny so I have taken advantage of it by taking long walks in the evening.  Thursday night my stepson told us about a car that was for sale in his subdivision.  Liz's  father gave her some money that could go to a car, this after she told him Mark would match what he gave her.  Her timing perfect, tax time so he had some money.  He has been neglectful over the years, I do not feel any shame in her asking him for money.  The time has come for him to support his kid.

Liz and I took a look at the car, it is old but it is a type that I have had a couple of in the past.  It is small but sturdy, good mileage and this one was in our budget.  It did not leak oil, ran great, but smelled like an ashtray.  The car belonged to an uncle of the seller who had suddenly died.  We gave the kid our number and name and went home to wait, seems the seller had to discuss the matter with his sister.  He immediately called me to ask me if I was related to my stepson as he had gone to school with my sons.  I said "yes, I am the mom" and he told me if I brought the money that evening I could have the car for $200 less then asking price.  Oh course I agreed.  Liz is now a proud owner of a 1990 Plymouth Horizon.  The car has it's flaws, a little rust, the door handles need replacing, but she runs great and for 500 bucks she will be a great first car for a girl who has only been driving under a year.  Now I can sigh a huge relief,I no longer have to worry about my own car, which will be paid off in 4 short months. 

I am trying very hard to not the let the stress of what my household has become get to me.  Spring is upon us, they will all go back to work soon and I do enjoy having the grand kids come here a couple of times a week.  Dakota and Jacob love my bus driver stories and they look at me wide eyed when I tell them the latest antics.  Speaking of that I inherited a stop near my own route as the bus driver there got into a fight with a parent.  I know the children and they can be quite a hand full, as matter of fact I drove them two years ago.  They have blended in fine with my group.  I just let them know who's boss but with  a sense of humor and I usually know who to seat my kids.  Usually....

Enough of that, this too shall pass, my husband will snap out of his funk, the sun will shine, the plants will grow, it will motorcycle season soon, and all this stress will be a distant memory.

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been the same at my house. We were all sick. I rarely get sick either, I sucked it up and carried on while my husband moaned and groaned in bed for a freakin week!! Hurry up spring! Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness then its not just old men that do that. Hope everything gets springy there soon. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose, I hope Mark feels better soon, So ready for some sunny weather, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

you know that i know just what you are talking about.....trust me on that sista!
I hope Mark snaps out of it soon and quits being a baby and helps you out! My first car ever was a Plymouth Horizon and it was the worst car i ever had...the carborator blew up 4 days after i bought it but it was a much older model than Liz's. I know it is a relief for you to have your car back! Love you!
lj

Anonymous said...

It will pass - keep walking! Hope Mark feels better soon and can start being more helpful again!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

If he has the same bug that has attacked us in California, it seems to go on forever!  I hope he gets well very soon.  My prayers and thoughts are with you through this funky time.

I'm proud of you for taking those walks and doing great things for yourself.  Awesome!
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Life does get tough, doesn't it, hon, especially when hubby gets sick. Seems like once this happens we have twice the work load. It's a man thing, I guess. lol
They don't handle being sick as well as we Mom's do. It is exhausting, to have so much to do, I know, but as you said, all of this will pass. Soon you'll be back on track again. I'm so proud of you, Rose, and myself too.  We both manage to keep going, to handle whatever comes our way. By God's grace, I say. We're beginning to have more sunny days here. Got to admit I love it too. Nothing like soaking up the sun when one is tired or sick. Hope the sun finds you soon. Much love, hon.
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK