Saturday, March 29, 2008

back to the world of the living...

I am finally feeling like there is a light at the end of this sickness tunnel.  While I still wasn't 100 % I still went and worked for Mrs H this past week.  Her morning help went on vacation so Julie and I split the week.  She was grateful and so was I for th extra money.

I had such big plans for spring break, cleaning, throwing the windows open and washing the winter off my screens, but the temperature has hovered around 40 and we actually had snow Thursday.  There's plenty of time for spring clean up.  I mostly rested, tried to keep up on the daily stuff and tried to eat.  Everything still tastes like metal.  Oh and I went out to lunch with two friends from work.   Bakers square tasted bad too, should've had the pie.

Being home all week let me experience all the wonders of my changing neighborhood.  I live in an old neighborhood with old homes that many have become rentals.  All the houses except one surrounding me are rentals.  Nothing against renters, but I've found over the years it's hit or miss with them.  A few years ago we had one doozy next door that locked their dogs in the house over the weekend and left.  The poor animals went crazy and broke all the windows out of the upstairs bedrooms and ran on the roof barking their poor heads off.  This couple died in a car accident.   I felt bad for that.  After them a nice family moved in, but the landlord did not keep the house up and now it is empty until he can do some major repairs.

We have always had trouble with the neighbors across the street.   Too many adult kids who have kids.  They tear up our lawn with all their cars and  the young  mom of the 3 little boys loves to scream at her kids.  I thinks she just doesn't know any better.  One time the cops brought the 4 year old home as he wandered away one morning.  I thought things would be quiet now that that couple and their children moved to a different rental down the street.  No way, just as I was getting over having a coughing fit last night around 3 am Iheard yelling and banging.   The kids who are adults that are still living there were having a fight.  By the time I figured out how to call the non emergency number to the police (this after calling the fire department and waking up a nice fireman) the fight stopped and they went to bed.

There's two houses across the street from me that are empty.  One the girl moved in with her boyfriend and the other the lady over extended her mortgage and lost her home.  One has a for sale sign the other is for rent.  Should be an interesting summer....

Guess the housing crisis hits everywhere. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, glad you are feeling better, having bad neighbors sucks !!!!!!!!! Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hear ya Rose. Enough said. Paula

Anonymous said...

Sure glad to hear you are feeling better. That flu really kicks hard! I think everyone has had it around here. Oh poor dogs and couple. This housing issue is bad for everyone. Hope you have a great weekend. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Glad you're starting to feel better Rose, I'm still not 100%. This flu is resilent! I have my spring break this week, hoping to find a nice balance of work (spring cleaning), rest and play. Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

i wish you were totally better....and i wish we both had hot sunshine and pretty flowers instead of the cold and rain and whatnot.
We lived in a block before buying this house where the young adults caused all kinds of problems....mostly rentals.....never a dull moment. So i can relate to that. I hope all the crappy neighbors leave you be this summer.
LOVE YOU SO
lj

Anonymous said...

I hope your doing better. Crappy neighbors suck, if they rent or own !!!
Take care of yourself.
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

I hope your 100% real soon. I know what you mean about the neighbors. There's only one close enough to us to matter and over the years there's been several really weird ones there. Have a great day.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Hiya ladie:

So sorry to hear I hope you get over it soon. Its hard to work and not feel well...
I hear ya about the spring weather I wish we would get rid of the snow here
wheres the warm temps?! I started walking and taking care of two labs during the day just walk and take them out and make sure they get some food/water.

I will have to stand up for people who rent. Ive been renting our house for
close to a year now (in sept) instead of buyin. I agree with you about those
neighbors you have, some crazy out there. You would be grateful for us
we are quiet dont drink/smoke and never anyone comes over just our moms
but we cant say we never fight cause we do and our kids get into trouble.
But nothing like you are speaking of and my yard is always clean and straight lol

Well I need to get my butt back to work so I hope to hear from you again
Have a great week and warm weekend!  Take care,best reguards Sara

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time to move to Florida - except they also have a housing issue. Hope you are feeling all better by now!

xoxo