Thursday, April 3, 2008

quiet ... just like I like it...

I am a worrier.  In my youth I had horrid stomach aches, missed school, and made myself sick with my imagination and my perceived boogie man.  I have gone to great lengths to slay the fear, but some habits are hard to break and now a days I look at such fears as problems to be solved and I love the buzz of solving them.  After all, rarely does life work out like our minds fear.  As of late Mark and I have been more proactive in our work area.  We both (me first, then him) have realized that his line of work-- construction is in a very low point...may be for some time.  He gets laid off every winter.  Usually, unemployment gets us through.  This year we realized that the winter layoff last season really didn't go away until nearly July.  Very scary for a couple who have raised most of their clan and are digging out of debt.  Actually scary for anyone who lives in this place we call the USA. 

Fortunately for us Mark is a very good truck driver.  He was rehired by a company that let him do winter work a few years ago when he wasn't able to get unemployment, as we were self employed for that quarter.  Thank God he did this as the company he usually works for is not even begun to work.  Usually by early March they are back. There was rumors, of work for next week, but it's been raining, the ground is still frozen.  I even noticed that the chain stores have just now put in their Pansies, a flower that is normally planted weeks ago.  The trees still have yet to bud and everyone's moods brighten when the sun stays out longer than a few hours.  Today we actually reached 50 degrees.  It's going to be a very slow, late construction year.  Some aren't even being called back.

Back to my worries.  I don't have any ... none, the main lifestyle bills are paid.  There's gas in the car, food in the fridge, the pets have food...I have no worries.  Even work is good, the school kids are behaving after my sick day they still have an appreciation for me.

Mark has a good job that works fine for us. If he goes back to construction there's talk he may work both jobs ... a big plus.

There are some rumors of my job in transportation not being renewed, but that's over a year away, next contract and I never worry that far in advanced.  I tend to be a right now worrier...

Not today....I am feeling better, I have extra work next week, and even have a no school day next Friday (paid).   The weekend weather report calls for sun, I have leaves to bag, something I enjoy.  Maybe there's some tulips under there somewhere.  Spring means renewed hope...and hopefully warmth...God I can't wait to be warm!

April first was my 13th wedding anniversary.   My marriage is good too.  My son is taking us out to dinner Monday.

Isn't life grand!!???

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY!!! I didn't remember your anniversary being on April Fools Day too! It was my 15th anniversary! I guess the date says a lot about us -- and I think it's all good! Happy Anniversary!
We'll survive the current situations with the economy just as we have in the past. We've both been through worse. Don't worry!
Hugs, Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (a couple days late). :)
Yes, sometimes you can't help but worry...I try not to, esp over things I have no control over...I take it the Lord in prayer & leave it with Him.
Have a good Friday! {{}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

One has to work at it to keep from worrying. :-) lol My husband was in construction for years. On the road a lot with the union. Finally he got with one company he worked for 27 years. I doubt if we would have been able to make it if not. If my husband had not worked for a month or so we may have lost everything we had when younger. I am glad that things are good for you. Having God sure does make a difference, doesn't it?  Enjoy your dinner. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Yes life is grand and I'm happy to see you so upbeat and feeling great. Belated happy anniversary to you both. Paula

Anonymous said...

I feel better just reading your entry. Thank you. You are an inspration for me today. I miss you too.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose, glad you are feeling better, Happt early Anniversary, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

i'm SO glad my Rose is doing so well...there is no one on earth who deserves a happy smile, a quick step and a light heart more than you.
i love you SO

lisa

Anonymous said...

For someone who is a worrier,you seem like a very uplifting,kind and fun person.
You do what has to be done and more.
Happy Anniversary hon. I am so happy that you are feeling better.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I too am a worrier so I can relate!  Times are tough right now so we all can count our blessings if our basic needs are being met.  Happy Anniversary!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

xoxo