Friday, July 18, 2008

I started an entry I think it was last week, but it disappeared.  My old computer turned off.  But brighter days are ahead, my son gave me his computer.  It's a nearly new Dell, with an all clean hard drive!  I am so happy.  He'll be over next week to help me set it up.  I know how to set up computers, but his is wireless and I'd rather have him here, it'll shorten the swearing time.  = )

The past few weeks have been one drama after another. A close friend and a family member are both having very bad marriage problems ::my marriage is actually better than ever::: I  try and listen, but there are no easy answers.  My town has had some very scary events happen.  A teenage boy drowned in the Fox river a block from my house.  The river was so fast that it took the divers 2 two days to catch up with him down stream at a dam.  A 3 year old boy on my route went missing and wasn't found for 12 hours.  Thank God he was unharmed.   A 16 year old new driver  rear ended my car while Liz was driving.  I pried the bolts to her front plate out of my back bumper...I only have one payment left on the stinking car, thank you.  No one was hurt and I can live with a scrapped bumper. 

Work is slow for Mark, but he still has his weekend job, I have my weekend job and I have picked up a trip or two along with my part time summer school route.  We are making it just fine.  My stepson (he's 28) is now paying rent, not much but it'll cover some bills.  I've learned that life is too short to worry about the little stuff.  Go to work, do what you can today, and enjoy.

Liz is now happily moving on from Mike.  They are now good friends & talk often.  Thank God she is NOT vengeful like I used to be.  She is now hanging around a childhood friend.  They both are involved in summer theater so they have much in common.  I told her have fun and take her time...no sense in a rebound boyfriend.   She has much going for her and I want her to enjoy being 19, she seems to be. 

The grand kids are great.  Dayton will be 2 on Sunday.  He is much easier to deal with now that he can talk and be understood.\

Jacob's Birthday party was early this month...he's now 5. Jacob's birthday! 

some friends...& the three grand kids...Dayton, Dakota, and Jacob having a pirate birthday

I am loving this summer!!

 

.  

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you sure had a lot of things happening but like always you were brave and keep on keeping on. I'm so glad that everything is working out for you.
The kids are adorable and are growing so much. it's so great that your son gave
you his computer. You sure deserve something good to happen.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
I have always loved your attitude, and I agree with you 100%. Happy birthday to all the kids!! I'm loving this summer too! Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to read your post and see what is going on in your world. Happy birthday to your grands. Paula

Anonymous said...

You are doing great, Rose! It sounds like a lovely time for you :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are very lucky to have a son that will set up the computer; and nice for him to give you his! Wow! Glad that no one was hurt in the accident.. still sorry about the wreck. Sure glad the little boy was found. :-) After my oldest son got to be over 21 I had him pay some rent. 19 is still young this day of age. Glad that you summer is going great. Janie

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear there are ANY difficulties in your life....i hope Mark's work speeds up.....the boys are growing like weeds!!!! I love you so

Anonymous said...

Rose, Happy Birthday to your beautiful grandkids, Love Lisa