Sunday, April 1, 2007

end to spring break

Tuesday my two stepsons cut down two trees and cut and stacked a bunch of wood.  The tree behaved and fell toward the street not on to my neighbors house.  The leaves are beginning to pop their leaves this week with the warm weather and sunshine...plus the downpour of rain thrown in. 

We did get our new dish TV on Wednesday.  I did loose my favorite local all day news station.  Probably for the best as when I was bored I'd sit and watch the loop of news go by every half hour.  Not a very productive use of time.   We had a thunderstorm last night and the satellite went out for about 5 minutes.  Boy did feel dumb, after all this whole thing was my idea.  But it popped back on soon enough.

Thursday  Liz and I went prom dress shopping.  Since I never attended the prom I had no knowledge of how expensive a nice prom dress can be.  Liz is helping foot the bill as most dresses are over $300, and with her body type (short and with curves) it is certain that the dress will have to be altered and shortened.  She found a beautiful, sparkled, magenta dress.  It is halter style and gorgeous.  I gave in and told her to get it.  She is my only daughter, is helping pay for the dress, & it is her senior year.  I feel like this is a preview for her wedding some day.   scary.

Because I've been in what I call "having my bitch on" mood lately I figured I would spend the week off doing what I wanted with no little ones to look after.   I did just that, cleaned up my front yard flower beds, took Liz to go shoe shopping and just hung around the house, taking well earned naps here & there.  We did go visit the boys today and they were happy to see us.  Dayton is crawling now and the other two are as cute as ever.  I did ask Tracey if I could keep them Thursday night as I am again off school on Friday.  Actually I have the Friday (the 13th) off too.  3 Fridays in a row.  How awesome is that!

It's once again gloomy and rainy, but it's April 1st and my 12 th wedding anniversary.  12 years, seems like more, but I guess time flies when you are having fun!

 

Have a good one!

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man what I woudlnt give to have a day to myself to do whatever the heck I wanted!  Good for you Rose! I hope you enjoyed yourself!!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad the tree went the right way. It has been raining here alot. Most who use Dish TV here have problems with it not working if it rains. I hope yours does better!
I can not wait to see Liz's dress...I KNOW she'll look amazing!!!!!!! I am glad you had some ME time. It is important to have that and you are NOT a bitch for wanting it.
LOVELOVELOVELOVE,lj

Anonymous said...

I understand about the prom dresses. We need to find six formals for our cruise. I have been hitting the thrift stores for mine but the girls are pickier!

http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal

Anonymous said...

Happy 12th anniversary to you and hubby. May you have many many more. Paula

Anonymous said...

Ahh, what a nice mommy!  Your daughter will love you and remember that dress forever!
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Rose, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby !!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy belated anniversary.  Yes, prom dresses are ridiculously expensive.  Kyla and I have not hit the stores yet, but Katie and I found a dress for her while we were on vacation in Texas - on sale for $66!  I couldn't believe it. So of course I splurged and bought her the matching purse. And the best part is, no one in Minnesota will have the same dress.