Wednesday, April 18, 2007

the cure for whining...

I was called at home on my day off by my supervisor asking if I could work extra and teach bus evacuations.  Me, ever the butt kisser said, sure.  I then was asked again the next day which was yesterday.  Evacuations are held twice a year at all the schools in the district.  Each class gets on the bus and is taught how to get off a bus in an emergency.  Man, kids are big these days.  I only had one kid try and dive out the door.  Lucky for him I am a good catch.

Tonight after work I went to one of the grade schools to help with kindergarten registration.  Wow the life of the working girl is rough considering I rarely have to work, much.  But I think of the extra cash, and the B complex has me, who  already is very hyper, much more so.  Fun stuff.

This past weekend the boys were here and we spent the two days at the park.    They are now unafraid of the slide, even the one with rollers.  Even Dayton who is ever they brave boy walks around all the benches.  Plus they sleep really good at night!

Liz, who is sick of working her part time job at Kohl's with full timers hours ( 36+) plus her senior year at high school, applied at Dick's sporting goods Sunday (online), had an interview today and was immediately hired.  Same pay, but she doesn't have to deal with the same type of customer.   Most likely soccer moms and dudes wanting hunting stuff.  She's happy so I am happy.  Retail is rough.

She is finally getting her senior pictures done on Saturday, we were waiting for the weather to change for outside shots.  The guy I had do all 5 of the other kids (even the one who did not graduate) doesn't do them anymore.  I refuse to go to the high priced studios.  Who needs big blocks of 2007 and needless crap in the picture.  I was recommended a nice lady who does very flattering shots.  And they will be ready before school is out.

I am not such an awful mom ... whew!  ;)

 

                      

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum yum someone had been eating something gooood. I'm with you they go a little too far with pictures etc. Paula

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend with the boys. You sure do have a lot of energy! Love the picture,darling dirty little face.It's good that Liz got the new job.
Hope you have a good day tomorrow.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose, glad you had a nice weekend with the boys, I hope Liz likes her new job !!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

you are an awesome mom!! I would love one of Liz's senior pics if you have enough. I am glad that B complex is helping you...i hope my new BC pills do the same for me. Did they talk much at your schools about the VTech tragedy?
Love you, love the pic, have a happy happy Thurs.XOXOX lj

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are busy. Congrat to Liz on her new job.  Retail is extremely tough. My DD has taken a "leave of absence" from the clothing store where she works until school is out.  A couple of weeks ago she had a meltdown after a long day at school, track practice, 5 hours at the store, and then got home at about 10:30 and had to start her homework.  I said, "You don't need to do this. Ask for a leave, and if they won't give it to you, quit." At least the clothing store is more pleasant than her previous job, a grocery store. I think you are an AWESOME mom, Rose.

Anonymous said...

My child made me spend a small fortune on her pictures - I resented it then, and I still resent it now! It was not necessary. All the extra ones are here some place in a drawer. I think you made a wise decision!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Whenever the evacuate ships in the movies they always call for women and children first. What criteria to you apply to school kids? Do you leave the fat and ginger kids until last!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, what a sweetie.  That little guy is so cute!  You've been one busy woman!  I admire your ability to handle working with kids like you do.  They are blessed to have you.  I laughed about the one kid who tried diving out of the bus during the practice evacuation drill.  He was determined!  I wish there was a way I could smell your lilacs when they bloom.  When I was a little girl we had a lilac bush outside our front door and to this day when I smell that fragrance, it brings back such a rush of memories.  I love that smell!  
Love,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Our lilacs are in full bloom and I just brought a bunch in to grace th edining room table. They smell so good!

I am so tickled they love the dinosaur pictures. We will have to visit ther etogether sometime! How far away are you from mammoth cave National Park?
love, Kas