Wednesday, April 11, 2007

ugh snow!

Here's happy Dayton.  I called Tracey and 'reserved' the kids for Friday, overnight.  Am I nuts?  No.  These kid give me so much joy and most of all hope.  Yesterday  a boy from my kid's school killed himself.  Put a gun under his chin and pulled the trigger.  He left notes.  My daughter met me at my bus which was parked at the junior high after her school got released.  She was hysterical.    God so much, so much for one school/community to handle.  I take these things so personally as I work in the district.  I have kids who have been and are in the the school district.  I have kids on my routes that I care about.  What was this kid thinking?  His mother is an art teacher at the grade school I have for my route.  The 5th graders were talking about it.  Spelling out shot himself so the little kids wouldn't know what they were saying.  Too late thay had already heard. So sad.

We had snow today, then sleet, then rain, then a thunderstorm.  Welcome to the Midwest.  Today and tomorrow are shorten days at school.  Friday is no school.  I bid on a bunch of trips for next week.  The spring sports have begun so there are a load of  them.  Our contract is up this year and we all need to step up and do some of the after school trips, or they will be charted out to company buses.  Some of our board members simply do not care who drives the school buses.  But I do.

Mark and I have been taking B complex, my guy at the Health food store says, B vitamins help stress.  It took a couple of days, but the other day I actually felt happy.  Have more pep too. 

I have learned once again there isn't much in life I have control over.  Not the weather, kids, my job, my husband, but I can control how I deal with them.

And I think I am doing pretty well.

  Dayton can stand by himself!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, that little guy is such a CUTIE!!!  I'd be reserving time with him too!!!

HOW SAD about that boy who shot himself.  What a horrible, horrible thing.  Having 3 kids of my own...I cannot even imagine.

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Rose, Dayton is a cutie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How sad about that kid that shot himself, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Another cute picture. You have had so much sadness concerning kids in your area no wonder you have been in a funk. Paula

Anonymous said...

I remember when i was in high school and THREE male friends my senior year either killed theirselves or died in car wrecks. Two were doctors sons. Then a good friend who had graduated the year before, another doctors kid, killed herself over a boy. Seemed to go in cycles and was very hard to deal with. I am so sorry for what is going on in your town. It will snow here too, this weekend. I know you will enjoy the kids! I love you,lj

Anonymous said...

You are so right Rose, all we can control is what we do and how we react to others.

Re snow - I guess you don't want to know that I just spent a week in AZ?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! You have a great attitude! I try not to spend TOO much time griping about the weather (or other things I can't control).  Until it snows in April, which it almost always does!

Anonymous said...

Rose,
My heart goes out to all of you that had the sad,sad news about the young boy
who shot himself. It is so hard to believe how many things are going on today.but
it's no wonder,they take God,or I should say they try to take God out of our world,
and all the things on television,in the movies etc. Your Grandkids are so cute and are sure growing. I know they are a blessing to you.Be careful driving honey.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. Locally an eleven year old hung himself over grades. It was pretty sad...I worry about Tabby sometimes, she is so high strung and gets hysterical over nothing, and then I try to imagine her in school and I know it would be worse.

Hugs to you.
love ,Kas

Anonymous said...

When all else fails, hug a baby!  Look at Dayton's beautiful face and those wonderful eyes that are so innocent and sweet.  If that doesn't give you hope nothing will.  

I feel sad for you and for your community.  So much sadness in such a short time.  I wonder how someone so young could have felt such hopelessness.  I will pray for his family.  
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

it's so sad for our youth these days. All they have to go through and all they have to deal with. I just don't understand it all. I'm glad your daughter has a great mom like you to help her through all this.
Hugs, R.c.