Monday, April 30, 2007

sunny monday

It's a lovely, sunny Monday.  Makes for an easy start for a work week.  So far so good in the morning, noon time, then comes the afternoon.   I am driving along dropping my grade school kids off at each  bus stop.  Many of my drops have 5 or more kids.  Many stay after school for after school activities, so I really never keep track of who's on the bus as I could never keep up with 40 + kids.  As I am heading toward a stop I am checking my bus load of kids in my mirror for naughty behavior and I hear a tiny little voice say, "bus driver, I believe I missed my stop".  What?!   I calmly said, "no you di...oh you did!" 

I bring the little girl up front get her full name as I only know her first name as she never gives me any trouble.  I assure her she will get home safely and I radio our base and let them know I have her.  As we pull up to her house her mom comes running looking like she was crying and freaking out.  She's on the phone, calling the child's school.  She is deeply relieved and I explain that in this type of situation she needs to call transportation as they can radio me quickly.  Whew!

We had the kids again on Friday night.  Dayton is teething so he kept me up quite a bit in the night, but that's ok.  His brother accidently hit him in the eye with a broom....at home thank God.  He has his first black eye!

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh boy, black eye! Big bad Broom! LOL

You are such a good bus driver.....i know that mom was so grateful. i hope the rest of the week is calmer. LOVE YOU SO, lj

Anonymous said...

oh boy, black eye! Big bad Broom! LOL

You are such a good bus driver.....i know that mom was so grateful. i hope the rest of the week is calmer. LOVE YOU SO, lj

Anonymous said...

You are so good at your job. The parents should appreciate you. I hope they do. Poor little guy with his black eye. Paula

Anonymous said...

Sunny? Want some rain??

That poor little girl - but I bet you were as upset as she was :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, glad you had a good Monday, poor Dayton's eye :( Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

So glad you were able to get the little girl to her mom.  I wish you were our driver.  Hope ya have a great day!  Sorry I am slow getting here. My alerts don't always come on either and plus I have a mailbox that is just huge right now with journal alerts.  I am way behind but I always think of you and wonder how you are doing.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you handled that one just right. What a good bus driver you are. I admire you . I couldn't do it , the kids would drive me crazy.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, a boo boo.  Those first black eyes are so sad when they first happen and yet so cute in the pictures.  The little girl who missed her stop is so lucky you are her driver.  I bet you calmed her little heart.  Glad she was reunited with Mom quickly.
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
The kids are blessed to have you for their bus driver! I know how that Mom must have felt.
Love the picture of your Grandson.Oh to remember those days my kids were teething.So glad those days are over.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS. IT IS WHAT GETS ME THRU THIS WHOLE ORDEAL. I CANNOT BELEIVE THE FREINDS I HAVE FOUND HERE IN J LAND. HOW POWERFUL IT IS TO BE ABLE TO FINALLY GET THIS OUT AND NOT BE YELLED AT (LIKE MY EX DID0. TO KNOW I HAVE FOLKS OUT THERE THAT TRULY CARE HOW I FEEL IS AMAZING. KEEP READING, FOR IT IS GOING TO GET INTENSE...LOVE YA, LORI