Thursday, June 7, 2007

schools out/ grad pics/turning 50

                  

My husband never smiles....

School's out!  I was able to get a summer route.  It's only a four hour morning one way trip to a school north of here.  The child only goes Monday through Thursday, so I get a 3 day weekend!  My day is over at 10 am.  My route ends July 20th.  The local day care keeps us in trips which I can bid on, so I will have the best of both worlds, part time work and summer freedom!

Graduation was very nice.  There was a threat of rain so it was held indoors.  Liz's class had split a few years ago and part of it graduated from the new high school.  There were only 350 in her class compared to last years 750.  She received a monetary scholarship for drama and was very happy.  Me too!  She was let go at her job though.  She was hired as a temp to open the store, but only wanted to work during the day so she could be involved in the community plays.  Her supervisor made her come in to work on graduation evening then took her off the schedule.  Oh the joy of retail.  I suggested she broaden her scope for jobs.  Although her brother is interviewing for a department manager's position at the new Menards.  She could go there, but again retail. 

She does have the great big world in front of her.  She is going to junior college next fall, the world really is a clean slate for her.  She'll figure it out I trust her judgement.  She's a lot like me, whatever we really want we go get it.

                

My silly son Tim had to be in this pic.

 

            

                   

My son Tim, Liz and Tim's girlfriend, Kristen.  She is a teacher and a sweetheart. 

My son Eric couldn't come to graduation because of work he felt bad, too.  Because the gym is so small the grads were only allowed 4 tickets for graduation.  The other option was for 3 more family members to sit in another room and watch graduation on TV.  Since Eric didn't come we invited Kristen.  She's wonderful.

Wednesday I officially became AARP material....I turned 50.  Funny I feel the same as I did when I was 40....maybe even as a good as 30.  Nah I was nuts at 30...40...a little better, but 50?  I like 50, it feels like a fit.

Tomorrow I get to see my grand babies, it's been too long.    Jeremy and Tracey are going to see the movie "Knocked up".  Hope that doesn't happen for real to them...3 kids are fine for now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am glad you finally updated.....i posted many videos of Megan's grad in my journal if you have time to see them. I am so so so so so so proud of Liz..CONGRATS to you and her!! I know how much this meant to you but how sad it made you too. I hope your bday was a blessed one. I cant believe you say you are 50 because you can pass for 26.
LOVE YOU SO,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Happy late 50th, honey. Sorry I forgot. I have not gotten any alerts for you for months now, even though I have you on alerts. So again, I came looking to see if you posted. That is how I realized you are now AARP material. lol Congrats to your daughter. She's so doggone cute!
Take care of yourself.
Love & prayers too,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/FROMBARBSSPIRITUALJOURNALS

Anonymous said...

Rose, I love the pictures !!!!!!!!!! Happy , Happy Birthday !!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

You sure look young for 50. Its okay if your husband doesn't smile he looks young too. All nice pictures. Good luck to your daughter in what ever she decides to do. Paula

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful family!!!  I have missed so many of your entries.  My alerts have not been working at all!! Please hunt me down when that happens!!!!  Looks like a wonderful graduation!!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the graduate! Great pics. of the family.
June

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures Rose,
You have a lovely family and I know you are a proud Mom.It is wonderful that you get to work the hours you like and are off most of the time.I am so so sorry that I missed your birthday.Al was in the hospital and I didn't know if he would live or die. He is home and we go day by day. I do wish you a belated birthday and pray
you'll have a peaceful,full and happy year ahead of you.
Much Love
Mickie