Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Parade pics

        

If you look really hard you can see that this gentleman riding the old fire truck is none other than former speaker of the house, Denny Hastert.  He is from my town and every year walks the parade.  Although this year it's without all the security he had in years past.  We always joke that the village had to trim all our trees so his GOP elephant could fit through our street!  Denny looks like he's lost some weight too!

          

Monday my son Eric brought me a brand new air conditioner.  Of course the weather has cooled off to a lovely 70's, but it's still only mid June.  Midwest summers can be hot so I am grateful I have a kid who works at  a Menard's plus gets a discount.  I refused to let him pay for all of it, but I got a great deal for a brand name. 

Eric did not get the job at the new store.  Seems the store manager has his own people in mind.  Most likely for the best, at least that is what I told Eric.

I am still enjoying my part time status at work.  Yesterday I dry ran my route and talked to my student.  I already know him so we should have no problems at all.  Traffic is always heavy, but no big thing.  The route starts the 25th.

Today I am taking the day care group to the local pool.  There are 5 buses going, most likely we will sit in a restaurant, bus drivers love to do that.  I'd rather sit in the sun, but we shall see how it goes.

One more from Sunday...

         

Every time Dakota got candy, he'd yell, "Me got candy everybody!"

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a great time thanks for sharing
MELISSA

Anonymous said...

I like part time work also.  It just seems to suit me best being a mom.
Awesome pictures!!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

i wish i was PT this summer. I dont seem to have time to think anymore.
I dont know that politician either..i should be ashamed of myself huh?! It will be over 100 degrees twice next week, that is what i heard today. We have big drought problems too.
love you so,
lj

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures. It is so neat that you got a new air conditioner,but nice that you have cooler weather. Have a good weekend hon.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Tabby wants to be in the July 4th parade this year. Shelby wants to be on the sideline grabbing candy!

Anonymous said...

Dakota is so cute!  LOL    What fun to live in a place that has those great parades.  Brings the community together and promotes closeness.  Looks like everyone had a fun time!
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Rose, great pictures !!!!!!! Hugs Lisa