Friday, June 29, 2007

where'd the time go??!!

Even though I am not working full time I have been very busy!  Liz has had two plays she's performing in and I just realized the pictures from one are on my other video card, I'll share later. 

Her "absent technically he's her father", father who I will call T sent her money for graduation, quite a lot too.  She has not seen the man since she was 6 and he has had all sorts of excuses as why he lost contact.  He started writing again the first day of school her freshman year of high school.  Out of respect for my husband who has been her dad for 12 years and my own sanity I asked her to not do anything with the relationship until she got out of high school.  I remember telling her she could take T to Jerry Springer and figure it out.

I, also told her to let him prove himself, see if he admits to any of his failings.

So with the check came a 5 page letter that could've been written 18 years ago.  He blamed me, he blamed his dead ex wife for burning all his stuff including our phone number (don't you think if you were calling your kid you'd know the number by heart??), how everything was basically my fault. 

He only figured out my number when he moved to Oklahoma and got the Internet, guess they didn't have Internet before 2000 down south!

The proving never came.  He never changed, in years since 1995 he has been married 3 times and had another child.   

Can you tell I am pissed, I know how I was when I was with the man.  I was no prize, I was a huge pile of problems, I drank too much, I was needy and didn't care who I brought down with me.  I did straighten up, I admitted my wrongs and have changed.  I claim my part, while the whole relationship with T was wrong (he dated for sport and has been married at least 6 times, me not being one of them either).  But I've been blessed with a lovely, wonderful, smart daughter.  She is my shining star.

I cannot stomach people who do not see themselves.  But as I told my kid he is what he is,no more or less.

Comes to my satisfaction.  T did not know that I had set up a court date for child support while Liz is in College.  My old order was from 1989 and for very little, I never wanted T to make me send my child to him, as he couldn't be bothered to visit when he lived an hour away .I left things alone.  Mark always wanted to adopt Liz, but the fear of the unknown freaked me out.  Mark is her father by all rights.

T will be in town this weekend.  Liz has plans along with her boyfriend to met him for lunch.  So far he has only received one letter from her which basically told him to grow up.  Ah such wisdom from a teenager.  Wonder if he'll show?  I have to keep my hubby and my stepson from going though, they say he has  an "ass whipping" coming. 

Oh yeah I made sure I had her deposit the check before he got his court papers. 

On a lighter note, my niece got married last weekend.  It was beautiful.

These are my brothers and I...I am the oldest, Dan the middle, Ken the next down from me and Chris the baby.  We  were all born with in five years.  When my brother danced with my niece I cried, wishing my mother could have been there.

                   

The baby is Rylan, he's getting big.

It's baby birthday weekend.  Jacob turned 4 today and Dayton will be a year in a couple of weeks.  Liz and I watched the little boys while Tracey had a birthday day with Jacob.  He was so excited to not take his brothers along.  They went bowling and to Red Robin, which makes a big deal about parties.  Their party is Sunday.

My kid & my Dayton.  The kid is walking all over the place.  More later.

                

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy's birthfather is also a troubled soul...just got out of prison. She wants to see him but is also scared...

Anonymous said...

You have a right to be pissed. Hope Liz is never taken in by his excuses. I think she is too smart for that. Paula

Anonymous said...

Rose , you have a right to be pissed, my dad has never been in my life either, Love the pictures, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am sure Liz will see thru her sperm donor and take him at face value and let him know you are a wonderful mom and person. I love the pic of you and your brothers...all fine looking folks!
Love you,lj

Anonymous said...

Rose -  

Your story about T and Liz was very well written and portrayed to us.  No, you do not sound angry as I am sure you have that all under control by now.  It just amazes me that after all of these years, T decides to get in touch with Liz.  Without a doubt, this man does have some bit of a heart because he has remembered his daughter and that June would have been her graduation date.  He might be a putz and you might hold many grudges over him - but when many, many years have passed it does become difficult to cross that bridge of insecurity.  I wish him and Liz well as they meet face-to-face after all of this time.  Your daughter has grown up with your values, your wisdom and your good looks.  By the sounds of things already - she will do just fine standing her own weight against this man.  

By the way - good luck in court!    

Kathy Gorecki

Anonymous said...

You have a very smart daughter and a beautiful family.  You looked HOT at the wedding.
Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that you are ok and enjoying Liz.Love the pictures.Men! I guess
I should say,some men that don't grow up and admit when they are wrong.
I know one,just teasing. Have a great Fourth of July.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Rose,
You have a good looking family.

You nailed the problem with the ex on the head. You have changed and he hasn't. You daughter was/is better off without him. He will probably never be able to take responsibility for his our actions.

My thoughts are with you. Much love. ~jan

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up after a mini-vacation...Great family pictures!!!
June

Anonymous said...

I copied this pic and put it on my myspace lol.  It's the only one I have of all of you guys.  I love you so much!! :)  I can't wait to see the pics you took at my wedding!

Anonymous said...

You have a lovely family, Rose!

xoxo