Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fate or chance

On Saturday and Sunday evenings I help an older lady.  As I said before Mrs. H has been around a long time.  She is what I'd call "old school".  Her and I see eye to eye on a lot of subjects.  Some days I feel overpaid, as I enjoy her company.

She lives in an apartment building that is for seniors and has a locked door for security.

This evening I stayed later than usual, no one had got her mail so I walked down the hall to get it.  Most of the residents have their TV's blaring so when I heard a faint "Help me" I thought it was just a TV...then I realized it was a human.   A lady had been taking her little very over weight small & grunting dog out to go potty and she had some how fallen down.  Poor thing was on her knees, her cane that had four legs was holding the dog leash about 5 feet away from her inside the building.  She was hanging on to the door jam outside for dear life.  She was cold and scared.  I kept my wits about me, got her cane, put my foot on it to steady it and let her pull herself up. 

She was fine, and grateful.  I was glad I stayed late as most of the residents are elderly and I doubt would have been able to help her up. 

She thanked the Lord for me, and I said no need...I owe God....He and I are no where near even..

                

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God you were there. Who knows how long she would have been like that if you weren't. Funny how things just happen like that.
Hugs, Martha

Anonymous said...

I think God had a hand in you staying late. Thank goodness you could help her and that she is okay. Beautiful picture you posted too. Paula

Anonymous said...

So glad that you were there to help her! Hard telling what might have happened?? That is a beautiful picture. I enjoyed the comment that you made on my journal. :-) God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Awwwww Rose that is a good thing you were there, I bet that woman was very grateful to you, Hugs and Love Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

wow that's a godcidental for sure!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

you are a true angel my friend. Thank God you were there then. But HE made sure you were.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

You were in the right place at the right time - and smart enough not to try to lift her, too :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart.  Isn't is amazing how HE uses us sometimes.  He puts us in the right place and the right time and works His wonders thru us.  You were both blessed by that encounter.  
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

Aw Rose that's great you were PLACED there by the Big Guy.....Angels are among us after all.  Love the picture too!  
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad you were there at the right time to help her!!!  Blessings!
Lisa