Friday, February 8, 2008

a very long week...

whew, I can truly say TGIF today.  This has been a week of messy weather, bratty kids and one cranky hubby. 

The weather has just been a mess.  Our district had school Wednesday but an hour into the day decided to send the kids home 2 hours early.  In a district this size it's a huge undertaking.  Parents must be called, drivers called back in early to drive the tikes home, etc.  Half our district is bused by a bus company ... so even more confusion.   After it was all said and done the decision was stupid, the weather actually was better two hours later when school actually normally ends.  I had a huge hill to try not slide sidewise down so I sat for a while trying to decided what to do.  I made it down fine, but my route got home very late...and none of my parents called looking for them, either they didn't miss them or they trusted me!

The junior high kids were nuts, and I had to threaten a 5th grader (very spoiled girl who's divorced parents fight over how much they can spend on her) with an exit off my bus to the principals office.

Tuesday was election day in Illinois.  I will keep my pick to myself, but it was Liz's first election.  The guy at the poll did not believe  that she is old enough to vote, and  he was openly surprised at the party she picked.  All I could think of was a how narrow minded.  But I live in the Midwest, we can be confused here at times!

 

Because the weather sucked this week Mark was behind on his trips for work each night.  The other drivers took too long or when they got in the trailers had equipment problems or no lights.  He is a perfectionist and tends to project that on co workers.  Not mention the safety factor.

The weather is clear for the weekend which will make for a happier hubby.

me too...

I hear a huge cup of tea calling...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the child's first voting :-)

Have a great weekend - I agree - it has been one long week!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose, I agree , this week sucked, congrats to Liz on the voting, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Liz is a very pretty girl. Glad she is being responsible and voting. Paula

Anonymous said...

What a lovely girl!  Our weather is nutz here.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

when i was 17 and a half, i was allowed to vote for the 1st time.....i said "democrat" and the old woman said "are you out of your mind". LOL       I love being the odd one out, screw what others think.
Liz looks so pretty in that pic. LOVE, lj

Anonymous said...

I think of you often driving in the kind of weather you have.I am happy you did
well in all that mess and got home safe.
Your daughter is so pretty and innocent looking.It is great that she voted.
I am not happy this year at all in the choices for President. But who ever
is elected I will be behind of course.
There are much to many spoiled kids these days and this is sad.
Hope this week is better for you and your hubby.
Hugs
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Sure does sound like you deserve that cup of hot tea.... yes, the weather is messy here too today and we've got another snow day going.  This is the second one this year.  I do like that they have been calling us at like 6am on the phone to let us know with a pre recorded message.  And lastnight's was on the news early and I was so glad to know early.  Then the kids didn't have to rush around and us parents like chickens to get ready for the next day.  We have a few Suzy spoiled with divorced spendy parents in this area too LOL!!  Kids now days are so mouthy sometimes.  I think it is the parents letting them get away with it.  Yay your daughter voted!!!  Good girl!!  Hugs,
Lisa