Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Timmy's 26

The winter weather is really, really REALLY getting to me and the little darlings I deal with on a daily basis...some really really crazy stuff has been going on this past month.  Way past the norm. 

From a girl who took all her mom's medication in an attempt to kill herself, she failed thank God, to another one who ran away from home, my other students knew this plan never said a word, then today a bus driver flipped out and started screaming at my boss...

This is besides a back talking 5th grader, and a kid telling me I am too easy on them...<how so my little friend?>  because he says I let them swear...Last I knew I really can't control what comes out of the mouth of a junior kid...short of a bar a soap.  Besides this little brat was just trying to distract me ... he was standing up ... a huge no no in my book....pick your battles is my motto.  I do not allow swearing I do my best to stop it.

My middle boy side swiped a guard rail, and had it not been snowing for the hundredth time this winter this could of been avoided.  He was on his way home from Wisconsin after a job interview for the job he's wanted at the corporate office of Menards.  He's only 23 and I am quite proud of him.  He told me tonight he was offered the job, he was at work when he told me, details to follow.  His car & he are ok, thank God.

Ok ... I say we all do a SPRING DANCE and ask Mother Nature to give us a break!

And...

my son Tim turned 26 today.  He's my oldest and one of my proudest accomplishments!

I just love love love his girlfriend Kristen, she is a teacher and has a heart of GOLD!

So my friends... isn't it time for some sunshine and some nice weather???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! sounds like you have had some week!! Yes, agree we all need spring! :-) Really cute couple. Have a blessed week and hopefully with some sunshine.  Janie

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww Happy Birthday Timmy, hope your days get better Rose, wow you have alot going on now, I'm ready for Spring, Love and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

we had 66 today. Way down from what it has been. Happy birthday to your son and glad the other will have the job he wants and that he and his car weren't hurt. I would be so afraid to drive in your weather. Guess everyone there is more prepared then we would be. Paula

Anonymous said...

You can come visit me for a few days.  It's been in the mid 70's, low 80's this week.  Beautiful.  If a visit isn't in the cards, I'll wish this warm weather your way.

You have nerves of steal.  I'd punch those kids if it were me.  I just don't have what it takes to do your job.  I'm very impressed at your ability to deal with it.  Those kids are lucky to have you.

Congrats to your son.  I'm so glad he was offered the job but most of all, grateful to God he made it home safe after his accident.

Hugs, Kathy

Anonymous said...

The weather has been crazy this year. I hope that you get some better days
and that things will get back to normal and the kids behave . It is so sad all
that is going on this last year etc. We had a man try to kill someone,but ended
up hurting 8 people 4 kids.They will all make it thank the Lord.That was toward L.a.
and there has been so many gang shootings in that area also.
Thank God your son was alright and that he got the job. I think you can be proud
of all your kids,your an awesome Mom.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Tim is a TOTAL DOLL....i mean, gorgeous. Check out his honest smile......wow. Just like his mama.
His GF is a doll too.
HA HA, i could write a book about this awful winter.....i think everyone is going a bit insane...sounds like you have your hands FULL with these kids....i hope the sun starts shining and it warms up QUICK.
LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH.

lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Middle Boy and I hope he loves his new job and gets promoted again so he can be back close to mom! Happy Birthday to Tim and do we hear distant wedding bells?

I bet you are a great bus driver. You have your priorities straight! When I see people drive right past a bus with it's lights on, I think "Rose would get your ass for that!"

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the kid!  What a cute couple.  I remember when I used to drive a bus...I had elementary kids though...I could pull off the road and "threaten" them with missing their cartoons if they didn't get quiet!!
I hear ya.......bring on the Spring!

Anonymous said...

What a nice coule they are.... wow a lot going on over there!!!!!! So happy it is Friday and spring around the corner.
Hugs,
Lisa