Thursday, June 9, 2005

ahhhh summer

I know I know I keep saying this but I LOVE SUMMER!  I love the sounds, smells, (when I can smell, my cold has left me with no taste or smelling abilities), the activities, I even love the heat.  Today I even road my bike to work!  Now I am hanging out at home waiting for Mark to come home.  He's at a job they were told them they have to finish today...so that's more overtime.  Which will make up for Saturday because he is taking off early.  Seems I agreed (I did agree, but I didn't realize it was this Saturday, I probably was only 1/2 listening) to go with him to a NHRA drag race event.  My hubby is a race anything nut.  A guy at one of the gravel pits had tickets to some sort of carquest tent so we do get food~and get to see "stuff" and we get a goodie bag.  Oh joy!  No really my husband works a ton and rarely asks to do these things because they are expensive.  So this is his reward.  And I love spending time with him so that's ok.

Eric called me from the Brewers/Yankees game last night.  He was in Wisconsin and wanted to let me know he was coming over to sleep.  This was at 9:00 last night.  It had finally cooled off in this house enough to sleep so I was just about asleep.  He comes into town more that his girlfriend is home from school for the summer.  He also visits his many crazy friends.  I remember being 20 and single and free...I am glad he's enjoying life...it's the time to do it...plus he works a lot too.  Being an assistant department manager means he works a lot.

Next week is our towns yearly fest.  It's a BIG deal round these parts.  With bands, craft fair, games, carnival, a huge father's day parade.  I signed up to shuttle folks to the carnival...I get paid for 4 hours on Friday night  to drive an air conditioned coach van....who knows maybe I'll get tipped, if not my hourly driver pay will do ... especially since I get people watch, one of my favorite activities!

Liz is bored...she's just so bored...I told her my normal answer to that....enjoy the boredom for someday you will be working for a living...and then you'll look back at these days and :::sigh:::she's growing up so fast ... she's will be a junior next year...my baby!

Time to water the growing living things!  bye!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice journal,love the pictures. if I read your journals it's like emailing
in a way.I learn a lot more reading and enjoying the pictures of you and
your family,and graphics to.I love butterflies and birds.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I love the summer too. My daughter never whined that she was bored - I always found something for her to do (like clean the bathroom) so she learned to self-entertain young!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I wish I loved summer, haha! Just too hot here...  You enjoy the lovely weather :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

I don't like the heat of summer but love the season. Johnny and I have to do our fun things before it gets too hot. Geez, I remember when heat didn't bother me at all. Seems like it bothers us as we get older though. Love your little butterfly.
Hugs..Barb

Anonymous said...

I never tire of here about summer . I like it to . I'm not much into heat, but I manage.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

My Megan is 16 and will be a junior too. I remember being 16, dont you? I had a full time job but i made time for fun!!! Now look at us old fogies!
LOVE, lisa

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am not into the race thing much either.  I would go with my man though. Just Because.  Heat you have our heat and humidity it sucks here.  I wanna go to the carnival BOOHOO I wanna go.  LOL Nicki

Anonymous said...

y'all should come here to the KY speedway....

I am stealing your butterfly :-)