Tuesday, June 21, 2005

my weekend in heaven!

This is the ferris wheel that my not yet 2 year old grandson, Jacob, wanted to ride...not the sissy choo choo, not the wuzzy merry go round...not even aladdins genie ride...nah not this tough guy!  So..........  mom and dad took Little Jacob on the ferris wheel...hubby and I watched while he sat between my stepson and his wife with big eyes as he went round and round in seat number 10.  Jeremy said after they got off that all Jacob said was 'down....down....'

WE had a wonderful day!!  I went on Saturday with hubby and it was good...we saw my father at the curves display with my stepmom, there was a school bus display, and other businesses.  They even had a display for the old race track that used to be in town.  I had lemon shake up and a egg roll....BUT the best day was Sunday!

As discribe above we got to take Jacob, his baby bro, and mom and dad to the carnival.  But before that we enjoyed our town parade....nearly 2 hours of firetrucks, big tractors, animals, bands, and plenty of candy.  My 3 kids were here, and of course Jacob and family, along with my stepson Matt and his finacee' Brandy.  This event brings out the whole town and I had time to catch up with my neighbors, some of whom I went to high school with.   Jacob loved the BIG TRUCKS and the tractors which he called lawnmowers.  Poor Dakota who is nearly 6 months only cried when the 10 fire engines went by with their sirens blasting...otherwise that kid is an angel.

It was a most enjoyable weekend.  And next year?  The daredevil will be nearly 3 and old enough to get a wristband for unlimited rides and we are going to have a blast!!!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you so happy :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more fun than taking your grandchildren someplace special. That IS a pretty big ride for a little guy. Gotta give him credit. Your happiness spills onto this entry, Rose. Love it!!! Hugs, Barb

Anonymous said...

glad everyone had a blast! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

Rose, you make me jealous talking about this awesome carnival. I want to go!!! I am glad you got to be with family AND friends!!! Did you eat a lot of food? Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I'm so glad you enjoyed your self. Grandbabys are wonderful aren't they.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

It sounds fantastic!!  The baby is braver than I am!!