Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th

                     

 

 

                

Happy 4th everybody! 

Liz did meet with her father Monday night.  T did not say hardly anything.  His wife did all the talking.  Mostly light stuff.  They did get lost (again...if he had been visiting his kid he'd know where she lived, plus I used to live across the river when he did visit when she was little, which is not far from where they had dinner).  He did pay the bill though.  Least he could do. 

Liz's friend Emily came with & her boyfriend Mike.  The biggest thing T was happy about was that Liz graduated high school, his other kids had not.  GOD!  High school!!!  My oldest graduated from a big ten school.  Liz's aim is to go Columbia in Chicago after a few years at the local Junior College.  We aim high in this family.  

So...hopefully he will still feel guilt ridden and show up next week in court.  Makes my life a whole lot easier. 

On a lighter note the kid's birthday party was fun.  Two of my own kids came with boy/girlfriends.  Eric had to work.  Tim's girlfriend the teacher fits right in.  All my stepsons came including the youngest Dale who is the one who is still mad at my husband, because his mom and dad got divorced when he was 6...he's 20 now.  Years of therapy couldn't help this kid and his resentment.

But we all did speak and hug.  Promises of future meetings were made.  I think he's just partying too much and doesn't want our disapproval.  He's young, he'll learn.

I'll show pics later.

Liz has to work overnights for 3 days including tonight so no fireworks for her, that's ok boyfriend is on vacation.  No fun without boyfriend.

Mark is off until Monday....stinks because it's with no pay, but we'll be ok, work has been slow but steady, with no rain days so it all balances out.

He has 2 gallons of trim paint and we/he is working on painting the house.

Be safe!  And enjoy!

                                               

                               

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope things continue to go well for you...and that Mark keeps on working.....i love the pic of you and Liz. Your ex sounds like an ass....maybe he wont show up again anytime soon and bother her!
love,lj

Anonymous said...

Liz, Happy 4'th to you !!!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by my journal, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Rose, I'm sorry, I meant to say I love the picture of you and Liz too, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Fourth to you! Love your picture,I always do. You are a strong Lady honey.
Hope everything works out for you.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is so grown up now! You two look lovely together - I like your hair longer like that.

Painting the house? Yuck!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Finally here getting caught up a bit. The kids have all grown so much in the short time I've been away from J-Land! Love the photo of you and Liz in this entry!
Martha :-)

Anonymous said...

Finally a chance to stop by!!  I am so behind on everything!  HOpe you had a great 4th of July!
Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

It is time for him to accept some responsibility!!