Saturday, May 7, 2005

A night with Joel Osteen

Joel and Victoria wide at AnaheimLast night Mark and I went into Chicago to see Joel Osteen.  He is a minister from a very large church in Texas.  He's telecast is on every Sunday from his church called Lakewood Church.  Mark and I have gained so much from this messanger of God.  He is basically a down to earth man who Mark and I both relate to.  I have was so humbled to be there.  The spirit of God touched me and brought me to tears.  There were 17,000 people there for all walks of life...it was an awesome experience that I will never forget.  Nor will ever be the same.

I have been so blessed in my life and I need to start being a better person.  I get so caught up in the daily grind of life that I forget to stop and smell the Roses, to be happy, to appreciate my life as it is today.

Last night really reminded me to stay calm everyday...everyday to realize that God has a plan for my life.  This fast paced world spins so quickly ... we all try to do the best we can.  Hopefully that's enough.  For me it's not, I must do more.  And I will.

I am now going to enjoy my Saturday...it involves chores, but I am happy to be alive, and for that I am grateful.

 

Have a wonderful day all....love you to ROSE!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God.....Wonderful entry.....I hope that you have a wonderful day even doing the chores. Every now and then stop and look at your surroundings God created all of this just for us.
http://journals.aol.com/eternallife23/OurLives/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening. I'm so happy you got to go. I have to remind myself to slow down and be thankful for what i have and quit worring about what i don't.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

I am glad it touched you.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how that went.  I will have to go see him if he ever comes here.  Big Hugs, Nicki

Anonymous said...

Rose, i am glad you were able to experience something so wonderful! I hope you have a very happy Mothers Day!! Love you, lisa

Anonymous said...

it sounds like it was a great evening...i think that is the problem with most people in todays day and age...we dont slow down...we dont stop and smell the roses....we dont appreciate the things around us....i think we all could get some good out of going to something like u did last night....at least i know i fit into all of these catagories...thanks for sharing your evening with us...and here's wishing you a very Happy Mothers Day!

linda
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

Anonymous said...

What did we do before there was Lakewood Church?