Monday, May 2, 2005

this 'n that

Happy May!  I am doing alright.  I took today off.  My lovely hubby reminded me that I need to take care of myself plus my surgery was on my right side and that is the arm I use to open my bus service door...so I am home. 

We did go to an anniversary party on Saturday night.  It was for Matt's fiancee' s parents 25th.  It was at a pizza place so it was very low key.  I was very tired yesterday though so I guess I did over do. But I rested up yesterday and I have today to continue on my recovery.  The party was nice.  The two daughters gave the parents a trip to Hawaii.  The mom had been crying all weekend anyway because my stepson and their daughter had finally moved out into their brand new house (only about 3 blocks away.) and she was crying about that...now this suprise party.  I thought that might throw her over the edge.  I would love a trip with my hubby and I am enjoying having my kids move out.  But she only has 2 and it's her last one.  I probably will cry when Liz moves out.  It was so cute I little boy came up to me and said, "hey you're my bus driver!"  He was having pizza with his family and recognized me.  He had me meet his parents...it was too cute.

I finally got to take the bandage off and I didn't realize how big the incision was.  It's about an inch long at 11:00 on the breast dial if you're using a clock as a guide.  No wonder I have pain.  And I am not afraid to take pain meds.  I know not to abuse them.  Beside with my job, I cannot take any meds 8 hours before work.    I may not even go to work tomorrow either.  I'll see how I feel.  But I am sure I will be too bored to stay home and my kiddo's are probably thinking I left them for good. 

I am seeing the doctor again on Thursday and I get my test result Wednesday.  I glad I got all this over with.  Now I can enjoy my upcoming summer. 

Our schedules for summer routes should be coming out soon.  I would love to get a part time route, work for 4 hours and have the summer afternoon off.  Liz went to Walgreens yesterday for an interview.  The only concern the manager had was her involvement with Drama Club.  He will let her know this week.  She has a big trip coming up next year to Disney World for show choir.  And I need her to help contribute.  She needs to work anyway otherwise she spends her whole life on the computer.  (LIKE ME).  Her boyfriend will be working this summer too...he's such a great example.

Ok enough babbling for one session.  take care all

 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your quiet time, Rose!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful day off!

Anonymous said...

You needed to take the time off.  Your hubby is right you have to take care of yourself.  Big Hugs, Nicki

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your feeling better , but don't over do it . Ya might want to take one more day to recoupe. Take care of your self.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose!!!

ive been thinking of you and sending big hugs your way!!!

Kara :)