Tuesday, November 15, 2005

AOL, J-land changes and the $500 cat

 

Wow!  People in J-land are in an uproar...I have been getting alerts all day of people moving their journals, cursing out AOL, their journal alerts stating they are now private...etc.   I am really only close to maybe 10 j-land people that I regularly read, comment and have formed a nice friendship with.  Some of these folks I even would consider friends and if I met them on the street I would gladly share lunch with them.  The rest I think are interesting, they may have a different perceptive on life, or they may have some cool things to write about.  

I have what you would call a pretty normal life, been married twice, have kids, stepkids, grandkids a job and a husband I care for and put a lot of my time and effort into, oh yeah A LOT of effort into.  I have a rather colorful past, one I learned much from and try not to repeat.  Most of my children are grown and don't need me as much as they used to.  Good friendships are hard to find in this world.  I lost my mother who was my rock, my only other really close friend is my husband.  I have a few casual friends at work, but no one I really like to hang with.  I am pretty much a loner and while I can dish out advice I really don't like to take it, I know this about myself and accept it.  I have gone to this medium, the internet for many reasons, to express myself, meet people and just to hang out.  I have met some really awesome, inspiring people here.

Now it seems so many are bolting to other areas of computer land (is there such a place?).  I am pretty lazy that is why I keep AOL.  It's easy for my husband to use, and I like  how easy the browser is.  NOW if some of my friends go to parts unknown I will be very sad.  Change is difficult, ads are a fact, and really J-land isn't ours, we pay for it, what in life do we truly own? 

So that's my two cents.  I am not going anywhere, I can deal with the stupid ad at the top of my Journal, now when they put an ad on my kid or my cat, (maybe I should have thought of that as a way to raise money to pay for his hospital bill), THEN I am screaming, but not for this...life too short to get upset over this.  Plus they added spell check my spelling sucks!

 

THE cat and THE Kid!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rose,
So glad you are staying here with your journal. You add a lot to my life reading your journals,and seeing the beautiful pictures etc.
You seem like a very sweet and loving person.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I am staying too. I figure the choice is accept the ads or they will raise our rates. I don't like the ads, no.

Your $500 cat and my $1000 (and counting) dog! Where would we be without them?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

I agree with you , I can handle the adds and I'm not going any where either. AOL is easy for me to use also. So I'm here with ya.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose, i am going to ASSUME i am one of the 10 you would eat lunch with. I better be!!! LOL  Where do you want to eat? Mexican? Italian? Let me know...i'll buy.
I am not going anywhere and it made my soul calmer when i read you arent either. I am just sick over all of this in J Land.
Just know that i love you with all my heart. You are so special to me.
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Guess we are the easy going type, huh? Kid and cat are beautiful. Paula

Anonymous said...

I sure hope I am one of the ten!!  I am sorry I am not commenting as much as usual...all the medical stuff keeps me busy...but I love your journal and I would miss you a lot.