Sunday, November 6, 2005

A nice quiet sunday

My 21 year old son, Eric came over for a visit. I love that kid he is so much like his mother it's sometimes frightening. But mostly he's got my good qualities. He brought Tina, his girlfriend, and we all had a nice visit. Since the kid is an assistant manager at Menards I dropped some hints about my Christmas gift. He works at the best store, I love all the yard stuff. Over the years he along with his brother and sister have gotten me the pond, a yard bench and a birdbath.  My hint was for some yard lights as mine are very old and not all working.

My son Tim and son, Eric this past summer at the Prairiefest Parade

The rest of the day I just hung out, did some laundry, normal stuff. My ritual of napping during all the boring sports my husband watches.  I try not to complain, afterall it's his only day off, plus he's won 2 football pools at work. 

Last night we missed a pretty big storm, it skipped Illinois and did some pretty heavy duty damage in Indiana. I am used to bad storms, they used to freak me out when I was a kid, but then everything freaked me out back then. As I've grown older I lived through a lot, so I guess I am less fearful. I think I've done a good job of passing that freeless attitude on to my kids & stepkids. At least I hope so, of course there is a difference between fearlessness and stupidity, and that usually comes with age---where you gain something called wisdom. I guess I'll get to the wisdom stage someday, maybe when I finally grow up.

Also, Dale my youngest stepson has been calling my husband. He lived with us for a year from November 2003 to November 2004, he's 19 now and after he moved back home with his mother he basically went to school which should have been his Senior year and did nothing, earned straight F's and did not graduate. His mother got what she wanted but you don't always like what get and she is tired of the way he acts. So much so she wants him out again. Hopefully he'll get his GED so he can get a job and support himself. One can always hope, right?

So that's my day, it's back to work tomorrow, we have two full weeks then Thanksgiving week will be here, and we only go two 5 hour days that week.  Gotta love the public school system just when you get totally frustrated with your job they give you a day off to recover.

I guess nobody would do our job if they didn't bribe us with days off for good behavior! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good day. You desirve it. You need to be rested up to deal with those little darlings. LOL.
I'm glad the storm missed you. Mom and Dad missed all of it too.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Rose,thank you so much for sharing your pictures of your family with us.So glad you had a nice visit with your son.I love your house. I used to not like to watch
sports with Al,but when our son played football and baseball I started to understand and like it. I watch it sometimes. It's great that your son worked where
he can get nice things that you like for xmas.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I always love to see your family Rose.  Glad you got to spend time with them this weekend. I too am a "football widow" as I like to call it hehehe :)

Kara

Anonymous said...

We had some impressive winds yesterday, but nothing majorly damaging, other than power going out, on, out, on, out, on, and it continues today. Many people in my area just had their power go out, so I am not complaining. I hope your stepson gets his bum back in school!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Rose~

Thanks so much for stoppin by my journal I hope to get the chance to know you better also. Your son Eric is so handsome, Tina is one lucky girl ! lol.
Yeah I see many things in my kids as in me.... I've gotten my girls into shoes,clothes,hair and makeup lol that is one Dad doesnt like lol. Sounds like you have brought your kids up well, keep up the good work with those grandbabies.
Yeah I heard about that bad storm that hit Indiana...poor people I have friends who live down there but they are in Hobart so I think it didnt hit them at all.

I really wish Dale alot of hopes,dreams and good luck I'm sorry to hear that he went to down the wrong path. I'm 28 now married with three kids and back in school to get my GED things doesnt always go the way you want them too.

Well wish you all happy holidays and great week, Have fun on thanksgiving vacation any plans? Well feel free to email me anytime. Im always around.
Have a good day for now, thanks again keep in touch and us updated.
Bye for now your friend Sara

Anonymous said...

lol...thats the truth...just when u think ur bout to loose ur mind, u get a day off, lol