Monday, November 14, 2005

I have a boring life

I was thinking about what to write today and realize I lead a pretty boring life...well, lately it's boring.  THANK GOD!  I like boring...

In my youth I liked excitement, I used to look for it, now I like boring.  Give me a warm autumn day, a two year old and a big back yard and I can find all sorts of things to do.  Give me my husband, a windy Sunday afternoon and our pickup truck and I can find all sorts of sites to see.  Or give me a 17 year old teenager, a good pair of shoes and a neighborhood and we'll find all sorts of things to talk about.  In my past I would have called all that boring....boring...boring!

My past has been filled with one crisis after another, some I created some not.  Now things are calm, every day I do what I call the utmost act of spiritual grace...I get up thank God I am alive, go to work, do a good job and come home and take care of my family.  Some look for more out of life, some want big cars, big houses and big vacations.  Me?  It's all about appreciating what I have...life is short kids, and sometimes you just have to step back, breath in the boredom and realize that life is pretty darn good!

 

Have an awesome day!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like boring!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear someone so happy! You go, Rose!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I read this and think of all the drama i have had and know that you have something i dont...peace in your heart. For that, i am so grateful for you because you are such a beautiful and wonderful lady. Smart too. Someday i will be where you are Rose. Someday. I want to believe i am on that path today.
Love you!lisa

Anonymous said...

I agree with you , I'll take boring any day.
Have a great week.
Hugs, R.c.

Anonymous said...

I think I've said this before but you have such a sensible attitude. I saw a big yellow school bus today and I thought of you. Paula