Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I am free!

                                  

Thanksgiving 8000 calorie poem

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
and your pies take the prize,
and may your Thanksgiving dinner
stay off your thighs!
-Unknown

Whoo hooo!  I am free!  Gotta love a school district job!  I am off until Monday morning!

I am going to spend my days baking, cooking and EATING!  Although I do have to go to the dentist and get a crown tomorrow.  Thank God for pain pills and pie!

Our party on Saturday went great.  The pizza place is a family style place with a big fire place, with games that the kids can play.  I gave Jacob a 5 for the change machine and 20 dollars of quarters came pouring out.  Wow was Grandma popular that night!

The kids were grateful and even thanked us for taking the pressure off them.  Hopefully they will start their own traditions for their new families.  And as for me I get to cook all my favorites for Turkey day.  My kids will be over so it will be fun filled day of eating and of course Football.  Hmmmmm pie!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thankgiving Rose,
You sound so happy and ready to enjoy your days off and your family and good
food. That is a cute poem.
Love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

I'm glad all went well. Eat a piece of pie for me. LOL. Have a great day.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

Have a good holiday, Rose. I think you like pie. Good luck with the crown. They are always better after it's all over.

xoxo