Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Say bye to fall

          

This picture is the street in front of my house.  It was taken this fall, the across the street neighbor's tree is the one with all the leaves that blow (along with everyone else's) into my yard.  Mark's lucky he has a leave blower, plus I leave  a lot of them on my plant beds, so we had an easy time with all these leaves.  Which I don't mind, my old neighborhood has many stately, lovely old elms and maples that grace us with their beauty. 

Now the trees are bare and it's cold.  Very cold, 20 degrees cold with biting wind.  The forecast is for around an inch of snow tonight.  Today being the last day of November I know that tomorrow will be the beginning of a landslide of activity.  Parties, concerts, our town's annual Christmas Walks, gift buying...This time of year always goes so fast for we as adults.  We have to deal with all the stores, the rush the hustle and bustle.   For kids it's magic....I am blessed to witness the excitement of the little kids who still believe in Santa Claus.  They grow more excited daily.  Today one of my little ones, whom I had last year also, lost her tooth, she was so excited.  A 5th grader did all he could to not spill the beans about the tooth fairy.  It's magic.  It's magic being young and still believing in fairies and Santa.

I am lucky that my two little ones will be experiencing that magic also, Santa hasn't been at my house in a long time.  Sure I did all I could to encourage Liz to keep believing ...I think she was almost in Junior High before she actually officially gave into the truth.  This is a magic time of year, even as adults we should try hard to be a little bit nicer, a little bit kinder, a little bit more generous not with just our money, but our words, our deeds...then the Spirit of the Season will shine....at least for a little while.

                                       

I guess nearly getting into an accident yesterday in my school bus made me take a step back.  I nearly hit a car that turned suddenly in front of me.  Fortunately the person behind me stopped too, and didn't rear end me.  Everyday I have to watch traffic, think for others and predict their driving skills, this one I didn't even see coming, he turned that quickly.  Made me count my blessing...made me realize, again, that one simple act can effect another, in a major way.  Thank God it didn't happen, thank God I didn't hit him.

I had nightmares all night last night.  These things really stir up your imagination.  I am the type that works out some of my life in my dream world.  I am doing ok today.  Just a little edgy still, but I'll be ok.  I don't have my midday today, but I am going to a nearby College to pick up a group before my afternoon run.  Loads of traffic, but I will leave early and do as I always do, the job I was trained so well to do.

Mark and I are taking Jim and Tim to the Blackhawks game tonight.  Jim's birthday is today and Tim's is in February.  What a great place to blow off some steam!!  Nothing like a group of grown men knocking the snot out of each other over a little round puck.

Gotta love it!  Have a great day my friends and thanks for listening, I feel much better!  :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also so glad you didn't get in an accident. Must have been some of the magic, working in your favor :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the pic..what a pretty tree!! and so glad you avoided that accident...I also have some wild dreams and I really do believe they help you work out your real life problems..even ones you don't know you have..

Robyn :)

Anonymous said...

It was so pretty there, but I'll bet you're feeling the freezing temperatures now.  That little one in the picture sure is a cutie pie.  I can't wait to bring the magic of Christmas back.  I kept my youngest believing for a long long time too.  They still remember the silly things I did back then.  I'm so glad you weren't hurt nor anyone else in that near miss yesterday.  Nelishia (NelishiaNatl)
WISHING AND HOPING

Anonymous said...

Rose you are such a sweet lady. We all can be a little kinder!  You never know when you might boost someones spirits with a kind word.

Love, Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I usually always agree with you on most things, this one time I'm gonna disagree with you , nothing personal. I STILL BELIEVE IN SANTA. Always have always will. Not so much the big guy in a red suit, but the spirit of kindness. I love this time of year also. Have a great time at the game.
Hugs, R.C.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful entry....i am so sorry that you almost were in an accident....but i know how good of a driver you are.....the way others drive is terrible. Its cold here in Ohio....snowed a bit today. That is an awesome pic of the trees in your neighborhood. LOVE YOU, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Oh Rose,
I know how you feel almost getting into an accident. A lady backed into me last week and I felt awful.People don't watch what they are doing anymore.
Hope that you have a good time at the game. Your little one has big feet,ha ha.
Love your beautiful tree.
Love
Mickie




Anonymous said...

Those near misses DO cause nightmares. I remember several too close for calls while trucking. Glad you're okay.
*Love your picture. It's what we're looking at here in Oregon, only most of the leaves are quickly disappearing because of the quick drop of temperatures. Sorry I haven't been here, hon. Let me know when you post, okay? When the alerts don't work right I get behind. Have too many journals to keep up with them.
Hugs,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK