Friday, August 18, 2006

friday

It was supposed to rain all day and into tomorrow, but it didn't enough to call off work for Mark.  It drives me nuts that my husband has a job that is dictated by the weather, but it's what he does, he's happy there (most days), and it pays well.  There does seem to be a huge amount of whining there though.  No more than most jobs, but my husband is a perfectionist and it drives him crazy when people  either don't do their jobs or they comment on his.  Or traffic, he just two wayed me to complain about that.  Right now the guy is making time and half to sit in traffic in a semi...boo hoo!  Sorry had to get that out. 

Today we had a very good meeting regarding student management.  It included the dean's from the 4 junior high schools.  I learned a lot, and will be implementing it.  We finally have a policy that is uniform and printed out in black and white, and will be enforced by all.  I had thought I would like to bid on an early childhood route, but I really don't like the layover time, which is the time you have to just sit and wait for the next school.  Junior high/ grade school routes are quick and don't require much time sitting idle.  I hate that.  But like my hubby I get paid to sit, so I will see how I am feeling Monday during the bidding process.  I am a lot higher in seniority than I realized so I should have a lot of choices.  No matter, the year will go how it will and I will make the best of it.  I still love my job and enjoy the kids, my coworkers and the whole bus thing.  Plus I have great hours and lots of time off ;)

My neck has been killing me since yesterday.  I took two advils and they are starting to wear off.  My husband was teasing me saying it was because I am spending too much time on this thing!  But I am so glad to be back into my groove of journals.  I missed you all so much...I believe my funk is finally gone, and I am back to my lovable, upbeat, positive self. 

Now if only my tomatoes would redden up, we planted them from seed in our little greenhouse and they are huge, but not red....I LOVE TOMOTOES!!  I am off to do my little voodoo dance!

 

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little voo doo dance?? lol  Now that I would like to see! lol

I love tomatoes!  I used to eat them right off the vine when my dad grew them in our garden as a child.  He grew the cherry one, and I would go outside with a salt shaker and just eat them warm from the vine.  And, tomato sandwiches?  Yummmmm!

I'm glad you're feeling like your old self Rose..  and are back to journaling regularly!  :)

Hugs and love to you
Jackie

Anonymous said...

So happy your feeling better and out of the funk you were in.  I think you bus drivers are WAY underpaid. You couldn't pay me enough to be in a bus with lots of kids. I barely make it out alive with my own 3 in a mini van :) HA HA HA
Hugs
Ang~

Anonymous said...

I love tomatoes also and it looks like you have many. I hope that your neck is feeling better by now.Maybe you slept wrong on it.
Have a good week.
love
Mickie

Anonymous said...

Is it Tomato Day or what. This and I kid you not. The fourth entry I've seen regarding peeps tomatoes. LoL Hey you can fried up some green tomatos...yummy.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

I forgot about the voodoo dance, LOL!! Hope you have a great weekend saint Rose :-)

Anonymous said...

when you dont comment in my J, i worry. I love you to pieces. You are so special Rose.

Men sometimes whine worse than women....gets on my nerves.
I hope you get the route you want....whatever you get those kids will be lucky to have such an awesome driver. You are the best.
LOVE YOU
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Love your attitude. Are you allowed to read while sitting? Have a good school year and go get a neck massage once in a while. You deserve it. Paula

Anonymous said...

Maybe your chair is wrong or the computer desk is the wrong height for you?

Good luck with the bus routes.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Rose I sure hope you get the shift you want. But knowing you, you will make the best of what ever route comes your way!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a great route with great kids. It helps to like your job. I like mine , it's just stressful.
Hugs, R.C.