Monday, August 28, 2006

OMG. as my smarty pants kid would say!  I've been away for a whole week!  I do have a good excuse.  They are called grandkids!  They came to stay on Wednesday while Tracey went to see her dad.  We had a bunch of fun.  They spent the day checking out my house, and we played outside.  When it was time to go home Jacob cried his eyes out.  So she brought  him & Dakota back on Friday and they stayed until Saturday afternoon.  We went to the old park, which was fun because there was roads under construction and they got to see all the heavy equipment working.  Then we went to the new park, that is really neat and  brand new.  They both were very well behaved.  They are growing up so fast.  Dakota is really talking a lot, he still calls Liz, Lala. 

I do have pictures and will promptly post them when I get them developed. 

I go back to work full time on Thursday.  Today was a Mock school day.  Our department still has issues, like the fact that we have to come into work at 6:30 which is an hour and 15 minutes before my scheduled first pickup, which I think is crap, but I am being paid to do nothing for most of the morning so.......I'll shut up.  Then I got on my bus and it was full of dry muddy foot prints.  It must of been used for one of the football games Friday night.  I know who the driver is, (his bus inspection sheet was signed) and will be having a discussion about this with him.  I ended up taking it to the shop and mopping it out myself.  I'd rather go to the driver, not my supervisor.  It could have been an honest mistake.  Otherwise it poured all day, but my routes went fine.  For my midday I ended up getting a Early childhood route which only attends 4 days, no Wednesday.  I have my old monitor from last year.  So I am very pleased.

We have a quick meeting tomorrow for the whole district...I call it the annual brainwashing...but it's a must.  Mark's boss has already called off work for him for tomorrow so he will be around too.  Tracey has her 6 week check up, I am supposed to keep the kids, but Jeremy will be home too, so we shall see.  Wednesday I have appointments and getting Liz's last minute stuff for the first day of school.  She is my last one, so it will be my last 'first' day of school.

Unless somebody leaves a kid on my doorstep ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

And they just may leave a kid on your doorstep with the love you have for kids. Those grandchildren will never forget their grandma Rose. Have a good school year, Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosie, Dang I wish you were our bus driver.  We are so glad that the summer school driver seems to have disappeared and we now have our last year's driver.  He is so nice.  He comes in the gate and circles that big yellow bus all the way around the block to pull up and pick up the kids without having to make a difficult left turn to get the kids by the left of the gate.  Somehow he was given a gate clicker to open the gate which I think is awesome.  Well, hope ya have a great year.  I am getting a kick out of "the annual brainwashing" meeting term.  LOL.  I hear ya!  Hugs,
Lisa  

Anonymous said...

Your job seems to be all ready to roll!!

xxoo

Anonymous said...

Well, welcome back to JLand, Rose!  You know it's not fair that you have a life and I don't! lol  

Don't you just love those grandbabies?  Can't get enough of them, can you?? hee

Looking forward to the pictures!

Hugs,
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I think you would LOVE for someone to leave a kid on the doorstep!!!!
Good luck with the first day ! We start next week! I cant believe summer is over!
take Care
hugs,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Good luck with work beginning again....my kids have been back since last Weds..Megan drives my car with Chad in it everyday and i am stuck at home, no car.
I am glad you got so much time with the kids!!!!!!!!!!! You are such an awesome grandma.
XO lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Grandkids are a good thing to be busy with :)

Kara